Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,901,735 times

Advertisements

People Select Different Airlines based on a Difference of few Dollars per ticket.

If all your tickets are $5/10 (Often be $20/40 per round trip) more then everyone else, because your cost structure is higher, you will be flying more empty seats (that you still need to pay your $5/10 for them) and got broke faster..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,792,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
People Select Different Airlines based on a Difference of few Dollars per ticket.

If all your tickets are $5/10 (Often be $20/40 per round trip) more then everyone else, because your cost structure is higher, you will be flying more empty seats (that you still need to pay your $5/10 for them) and got broke faster..
Well then, I suggest ALL airlines raise ALL tickets $5.00 per person, per flight. Simple. PRONTO as in right now!! $5.00 isn't going to offend anyone and especially after what has happened with Flight 370. I think you would be surprised when it comes to ensuring safety.

Four people equals $20.00 more, per ticket.. big deal.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,886,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
If two passengers can have passports from a different country and board the plane..with fake identities, anything is possible. It's not like this hasn't happened before with this airline.
That is out of context, how is a 777 going to land somewhere and all the identities of the passengers changed?

Two people getting fake identities assumes a willingness of their part to do just that. How do you get a plane full of people who want to go home to change their identities and get them to believe that somehow that is going to result in their going home eventually? Joe is going to home as Smithers?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
That is out of context, how is a 777 going to land somewhere and all the identities of the passengers changed?

Two people getting fake identities assumes a willingness of their part to do just that. How do you get a plane full of people who want to go home to change their identities and get them to believe that somehow that is going to result in their going home eventually? Joe is going to home as Smithers?
What other choice would they have? I said anything at this point is possible. I didn't mean to imply that this is what happened.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,899,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Reminds me of the 911furtherfromtheTruthers who argued that all the passengers of the three airliners were hustled off to some secret Air Force base where they have been held since 9/11.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,509,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Reminds me of the 911furtherfromtheTruthers who argued that all the passengers of the three airliners were hustled off to some secret Air Force base where they have been held since 9/11.
I don't understand the ease in which some people jump to outlandish conspiracy theories. Yet when the evidence overwhelmingly points to a non-conspiracy scenario and/or those who are knowledgeable about the particular industry tear holes in the supposed conspiracy, it is becomes some sort of reinforcement of their beliefs.

When in corrected, don't double down on stupid.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,728,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Well then, I suggest ALL airlines raise ALL tickets $5.00 per person, per flight. Simple. PRONTO as in right now!! $5.00 isn't going to offend anyone and especially after what has happened with Flight 370. I think you would be surprised when it comes to ensuring safety.
Sorry, it offends me. I could care less if they have the means to find my body after the fact because they have required better satellite reporting on flight data. What I want to see is a way to prevent this from happening. This is the 3rd flight in which a flight crew member is suspected of going "rogue". I have no idea what the solution is, but the problem to solve is rogue crew members, not lack of reporting on flight data.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Sorry, it offends me. I could care less if they have the means to find my body after the fact because they have required better satellite reporting on flight data. What I want to see is a way to prevent this from happening. This is the 3rd flight in which a flight crew member is suspected of going "rogue". I have no idea what the solution is, but the problem to solve is rogue crew members, not lack of reporting on flight data.

Thanks for saying that because I have been thinking this for a long time. I think the pilot had a heart attack. It's been in the back of my brain but it is time to bring it forward. Malaysia' s communication is still lousy and that doesn't change the fact of 20 days lost.

Edit: senior pilot

Old 04-16-2014, 04:09 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,014,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I don't understand the ease in which some people jump to outlandish conspiracy theorhe's. Yet when the evidence overwhelmingly points to a non-conspiracy scenario and/or those who are knowledgable about the particular industry tear holes in the supposed conspiracy, it is becomes some sort of reinforcement of their beliefs.

When in corrected, don't double down on stupid.
I agree with you - to some extent. I find myself somewhat conflicted. I never heard the c.t. about 9/11 as mentioned above, but I also never read anything on 9/11 in terms of conspiracy. But the difference is I saw that with my own eyes - the evidence is irrefutable for me.

As for MA 370, I hope they do find it in the water. But as far as the evidence overwhelmingly pointing to a non-conspiracy scenario? Well, you are asking me to take their word for it. I don't see the overwhelming evidence here. I see overwhelming educated best guesses that it's in the ocean, yes.....but until a real bonafide pc of evidence surfaces, I'm not ready to believe that. There have been way too many retractions on all previous reports. I don't understand the ease in which some people are so gullible to accept what's reported to them.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 AM

71 posts, read 76,105 times
I still say everyone is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation