Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I am also still hearing through the grapevine from the same sources I mentioned very early on that this plane is on land. Many pilots in that part of the world still are saying that. These are the people who said it was being repurposed for something else.
If they have thoughts about where the plane is, are they saying anything about the people that were on the plane?

I have never heard anything about the PA plane being shot down either. Not a peep, in all this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 04:42 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Question for the board.....all of the information coming public seems to indicate that the only possibility is that the plane is in the Indian Ocean and it's just a matter of finding it.
Do you think gov'ts a round the world are so convinced of this that they are not entertaining other possibilities? Or are there covert ops going on around the world to try and locate the plane in areas other than the ocean? From the info we have available, I don't see how you can take the security risk that the plane wasn't hijacked and in a secret location for unknown reasons.

No I think they entertain other possibilities but smartly keep their mouths shut. Or perhaps they know a lot more than they let on but HAVE to keep their mouths shut. Too bad "they" couldn't have had a little pow-wow early on outlining an agreement in which anything said would have been minimal; "case is still under investigation"; " following leads"; "not at liberty to divulge as it could compromise"...etc. Really, at the end of a month and a half with no plane, what would have been the harm? Instead, there was an almost daily stream of guesses, speculations, and maybe even a few half truths. The media jumped on every nugget like salivating dogs.

Those who seem so confident that the Indian Ocean is the ONLY place 370 could be are basing that on probable factors, which is fine. I mean, it makes the most sense right? ---- so we will just bash any and all other theories? How short sighted and arrogant is that!?! Go ahead and debunk the ones that absolutely positively could NOT have happened, and you're still left with a few that COULD have. Yes, their likelihood is very small, but still possible.

As an aside, I do not believe the 9/11 conspiracy theories. I have family that made it out alive, and sadly, friends who did not. I watched an interview with the wife of one of the passengers who fought back. I think the title of the book is Let's Roll.....it details communication made before that plane went down in PA. But hey, if you choose to believe differently from me; who the hell am I to call you a loon? In the case of 370, we have not even a smattering of hard evidence.....so I wouldn't hand out tin foil to anyone. That's the problem with experts - they won't allow themselves to even consider a few of the more "possible but not likely" what ifs.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:16 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
I still can't figure out how they have discounted the Maldive sightings of a low flying plane with a description that fits and even the time???
At the very least someone should have explained to us the REASON WHY they ruled it out. It's not like just one person reported it, several people saw it.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
If they have thoughts about where the plane is, are they saying anything about the people that were on the plane?

I have never heard anything about the PA plane being shot down either. Not a peep, in all this time.
You guys claiming you've never heard such stories must have been living in a cave at the time of 9/11. I'm not subscribing to the theories but they were rampant at the time. Just google "hijacked Flight 93 shot down fighter jet".

Old 04-25-2014, 08:52 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You guys claiming you've never heard such stories must have been living in a cave at the time of 9/11. I'm not subscribing to the theories but they were rampant at the time. Just google "hijacked Flight 93 shot down fighter jet".
I've heard that too. I'd rather stick to the story that the passengers were heroes and took it down

Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
after that, google; Ethel Merman, Fidel Castro's Secret Lover

Old 04-25-2014, 10:43 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times
Quote:
I was under the impression that the cockpit voice recorder indication that the cockpit door was forced open by the passengers who raided the cockpit as the highjackers crashed the plane pretty much cleared up any notion that the military shot the plane down.

The fact that the military was ready and given shoot down authority over the CONUS is not a secret however.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:16 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,061 times
I was watching live feed from a news helicopter on 911 as it flew over the crash site of UA93. They identified 2 debree fields 3/4's of mile apart from each other. In the first one you could see the tail assembly and the second one was on oval shaped burning area with thousands of unidentifiable aircraft components. The pundit commented that the only time you see 2 debree fields is when the air frame comes apart in the air or the aircraft is shot out of the air by a missile.

The pundit went on toe say that modern air frames can not be torn apart by pilot inputs, so he said that it had to be a missile.

This video was never seen again anywhere. It's like it never happened. To this day I'm waiting for it to pop up again and it never does.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:37 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
I was under the impression that the cockpit voice recorder indication that the cockpit door was forced open by the passengers who raided the cockpit as the highjackers crashed the plane pretty much cleared up any notion that the military shot the plane down.

The fact that the military was ready and given shoot down authority over the CONUS is not a secret however.
I think you and others responding to my post are missing my point. I didn't say I believed in that shoot-down theory. I didn't say it was credible. I didn't bring it up to debate it as a possibility. I was responding to several here who said they had never heard of this theory, as if someone here was making it up after the fact. Google results clearly show that - however far fetched you want to call it - these stories existed at the time and that their proponents had certain evidence for believing them. Multiple eyewitnesses claiming to have seen a military plane by the jet prior to it crashing (similar to witnesses claiming to have seen a 777 near Maldives), and scattered debris miles apart when it allegedly was intact when it crashed nose down at 565mph. So those here who say this is the first they ever heard of such theory either didn't spend much time following the news after 9/11 or have a poor recollection of what was in the news, because it most definitely was in the news and discussed and speculated on ad nauseum.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:45 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I still can't figure out how they have discounted the Maldive sightings of a low flying plane with a description that fits and even the time???
At the very least someone should have explained to us the REASON WHY they ruled it out. It's not like just one person reported it, several people saw it.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation