Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
I was just on the uplink - there's plenty of shipping activity ongoin.
Where are you looking? What website? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've used that site for a long time and never had any trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 07:36 PM

325 posts, read 577,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Where are you looking? What website? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've used that site for a long time and never had any trouble.
Are you registered and upgraded?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:54 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
Are you registered and upgraded?
No. Just the free version.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 AM

209 posts, read 414,510 times
Did geoResonance company tell anyone that they were doing independent research?

Old 05-03-2014, 04:14 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPeace View Post
Not sure. They did send their findings within two weeks of compiling them. At that point there was still two weeks of battery time left on the black box signal life. Even if nothing turns up, I'm glad at least the bay is being searched. If one of my family members was on that plane, I would take any small grain of hope....even tho I still feel the plane is on land, not in water.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:21 AM

325 posts, read 577,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPeace View Post
Did they have to? Their research report was given to Malay govt on 15 Apr

Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,648,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Not sure. They did send their findings within two weeks of compiling them. At that point there was still two weeks of battery time left on the black box signal life. Even if nothing turns up, I'm glad at least the bay is being searched. If one of my family members was on that plane, I would take any small grain of hope....even tho I still feel the plane is on land, not in water.
In what country do you think the plane is located? Intact or crashed in a jungle?
Why hasn't the world offered $1 million reward and immigration visas to the country of their choice for themselves and their family, for information. Surely if the plane landed some person saw it or knows about where the passengers were taken.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:35 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
In what country do you think the plane is located? Intact or crashed in a jungle?
Why hasn't the world offered $1 million reward and immigration visas to the country of their choice for themselves and their famiIy, for information. Surely if the plane landed some person saw it or knows about where the passengers were taken.
I don't know where (no big surprise there), but my gut says intact. I have already been chided for not being a critical thinker based on my belief that it is NOT in water. (That assertion will cause me no loss of sleep, lol). Obviously, if I am all for a search in the Bay of Bengal, then I still believe there is a chance it COULD be in water --- I simply feel there is a greater chance it isn't.

Not sure of your question about reward $ & immigration visas - just because I think it's intact does not mean I think or believe it is somewhere in plain sight. We have been given erroneous information from the start...whether intentionally or by mistake. All the "experts" who are so sure it is in the Indian Ocean are basing that on info gleaned from several top respected sources. EXCEPT even those sources are now being called into question.

I wonder what is the real reason, rooted deep in most scientists, to dismiss a possibility that only has a " .00001 % " chance of occurance? That chance is still there, even if highly unlikely. Ask any powerball winner if they would play with a zero chance of winning - they will keep the 2 bucks. But tell them there is a one in a gazillion chance of winning? Even with such incredible odds, they will buy the ticket....because IT IS POSSIBLE. Two different thought processes - that is all.

As for why I personally feel the plane is on land...maybe I am hardened by the last 20+ years of terrorist activity that just keeps raising the bar. Even the worst groups out there are saying the brutality occurring in Syria goes too far for even them to condone. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I also think technology has surpassed expectations by leaps and bounds - even the best, smartest scientist isn't right all the time.

Lastly, human error is overlooked or excused - debunkers point that out constantly. Yet they don't seem to apply that to the human error of trust when it is not warrented. That whole "fool me once" expression comes to mind.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:54 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
For those of you that doubt it could have been an alien abduction, I suggest you read what is posted in the link below.
Anything is possible, and the lack of physical evidence of the aircraft would seem to favor the fact that the aircraft never touched this planet once it became airborne.

1976 Tehran UFO incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:12 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
For those of you that doubt it could have been an alien abduction, I suggest you read what is posted in the link below.
Anything is possible, and the lack of physical evidence of the aircraft would seem to favor the fact that the aircraft never touched this planet once it became airborne.

1976 Tehran UFO incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob.
Ummmm.... The Tehran Incident is HARDLY an open and shut case of a UFO encounter. There are a lot of very shaky details and not a lot of corroborating evidence. You can't just say, "Pilot saw a light in the sky, and had electrical problems therefore aliens." I mean, I guess you can, because that's basically what you're doing but it's not really applying much critical thought at all and does not lend much credence to the alien theory at all. Second, I'm curious to know if when they find this aircraft at the bottom of the ocean, if you'll be willing to admit the alien theory wrong? Or is everything unexplainable an alien encounter until proven otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation