Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 06:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
So it's in outer space?
That my friend could be exactly where it is, but more than likely we will never know.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:15 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
There is going to be a huge difference in the size of the debris field if a plane explodes during flight compared to a plane crashing in one piece before impact.
Let's for the time being assume the plane crashed into the ocean.
Before going any further, let me ask, have you ever been on water skies in your lifetime?
If you have, and for one reason or another fell from them, and hit the water hard?
If you have, then you know even though you are only mere feet from the surface of the water,hitting it at ski velocity (which isn't much) is like hitting a cement wall.
Now, let's take a fully loaded , with passengers, cargo, and fuel 777, the weight which I couldn't begin to imagine what it would be, descending at perhaps 300 knots, from an altitude of 35000 feet and hitting the surface of the ocean.
Now, are you going to tell me the aircraft is not going to break apart upon impact?
It most certainly would, and a debris field, as well as fuel on the surface would be detected.
None of that has been found in the six months since this incident happened.
Not one body has washed up any where,not one suit case, not one passport, not one piece of clothing, not one ounce of fuel.
The mere pressure at the bottom of the ocean would have burst that aircraft at the seams if it had managed to enter the ocean in tact, which is highly improbable.
Bob.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:22 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Let's for the time being assume the plane crashed into the ocean.
Before going any further, let me ask, have you ever been on water skies in your lifetime?
If you have, and for one reason or another fell from them, and hit the water hard?
If you have, then you know even though you are only mere feet from the surface of the water,hitting it at ski velocity (which isn't much) is like hitting a cement wall.
Now, let's take a fully loaded , with passengers, cargo, and fuel 777, the weight which I couldn't begin to imagine what it would be, descending at perhaps 300 knots, from an altitude of 35000 feet and hitting the surface of the ocean.
Now, are you going to tell me the aircraft is not going to break apart upon impact?
It most certainly would, and a debris field, as well as fuel on the surface would be detected.
None of that has been found in the six months since this incident happened.
Not one body has washed up any where,not one suit case, not one passport, not one piece of clothing, not one ounce of fuel.
The mere pressure at the bottom of the ocean would have burst that aircraft at the seams if it had managed to enter the ocean in tact, which is highly improbable.
Bob.
I didn't say it would not break apart, I said if it was in one piece before IMPACT. If a plane explodes or comes apart at 33000ft, and cruising around 475kts there will be a debris field covering a larger area. Think about that.

The search efforts have remained on planet earth and I expect that will continue until they find the plane.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Holmes would deduct

That the airliner would have either landed somewhere or over water, crashed into the sea.

But there is a third possibility. It can't be found because it never took off.

Anything more would be speculation atop speculation. But I do believe there are no coincidences.

Two Malaysian airliner crashes?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:49 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
But there is a third possibility. It can't be found because it never took off.
What do you mean? That it never crashed? What do you say of the grieving loved ones (the hysterical Chinese relatives and such) - paid actors? That is not a bright 'conspiracy theory'. Hell, it's as implausible as the aliens one.

The third possibility was the plane being hijacked and kept in a remote location with the passengers alive. But now it's safe to say that this should be ruled out. Everyone is pretty certain that the passengers are, sadly, dead.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:01 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Just read this in a report about the MH17:

"One taxi driver told me in all seriousness that this was the Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing in March, filled with corpses and then exploded over the region to undermine the rebel movement."

By the way, I wonder if there are others like me who, upon seeing the news about the MH17, thought it was a misprint of MH370?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Just read this in a report about the MH17:

"One taxi driver told me in all seriousness that this was the Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing in March, filled with corpses and then exploded over the region to undermine the rebel movement."
I'd like to think you posted this to show how stupid other people are but I'm probably being too optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
By the way, I wonder if there are others like me who, upon seeing the news about the MH17, thought it was a misprint of MH370?
no

Old 07-20-2014, 07:19 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Maybe, the airline seats in the future, could be turned into parachutes? Can not believe that so many people and their belongings are intact!

Among the sunflowers, so much humanity, lost forever.

Common sense has left the powers that be. Stupidity has taken over. Arm rebels with surface to air weapons; fly over war zones. (Although, too many war zones.) Trigger happy people, left in charge????

Greed over land and money..................at what cost. 80 children, all the people with their lives ahead of them. What is going on? We are not playing computer games, this is real life.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:21 AM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I'd like to think you posted this to show how stupid other people are but I'm probably being too optimistic
It no longer surprises yours truly to find dense heads over-optimistic about their being smarties on these forums.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Is it just me, or does it sound wrong to fly anywhere near a war zone when there are rockets that can take you down. Am I wrong in my thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation