Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:43 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,593,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm just curious about this name thing. Are you saying you have to have the full name (including middle) on the reservation?...or that you just wanted to add it just in case?

And why does the name on the passport matter? Were you flying outside the US?
To minimize confusion, TSA requests that the name on your ticket matches the name on the formal identification that you're going to show them when you go through security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 06:12 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Okay, thank you. So the OP could use another form of ID (driver's license) and avoid this issue.(?)

Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
I love when people make mistakes and then ***** about the problem they caused. I fly united and southwest very often and like both. I really don't understand peoples hangup with SW boarding process

Old 12-12-2014, 11:22 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I love when people make mistakes and then ***** about the problem they caused. I fly united and southwest very often and like both. I really don't understand peoples hangup with SW boarding process
Just saying, your handle doesn't lend much authority to this statement, especially where UA and WN are concerned.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:27 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Just saying, your handle doesn't lend much authority to this statement, especially where UA and WN are concerned.
My handle has nothing to do with the topic and your attempted connection to "authority" is lame. If you have an actual retort by all means go ahead

Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I love SW. Why didn't you get early bird check in? I also don't understand why you need a passport # to check in. Does SW even fly outside of the US? I book a lot of flights for my job and SW is by far the easiest to deal with. One time my coworker ended up needing to cancel his flight and didn't tell me until after the flight had already left. SW still let me take the credit, no questions asked.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:42 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Does SW even fly outside of the US?
They do since they acquired Airtran.

I gave southwest a chance, but I'm done with them unless they are my only choice. Had multiple flights canceled by them last Christmas because they didn't have a crew to fly the plane.

As for the name, whatever name is on the id I will show TSA is the name I put on my boarding pass. Letter for letter.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:36 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
We fly Southwest all the time.

I can understand OP's frustration with losing their position in line, meaning they will board at the end and likely be unable to sit together.

Thats not to say it isn't OP's fault. SW does not hide their boarding process at all. When you book, you should know the procedure and that you cannot hand select a seat ahead of time. Also, when you book, you should be making sure the names are correct. I do believe there are also plenty of notifications to do this too, considering the importance of it to get through TSA checkpoints. Really there is no excuse to have the name incorrect on the eve of travel.

OP, time to just put up with it. It was really a mistake on your part, and causes a relatively minor inconvenience. Don't let it ruin your day.

Also, if you want to try and get SW to hook you up, maybe tweeting them is not the best way either. How about calling customer service again?

Old 12-20-2014, 01:36 PM

2,538 posts, read 2,735,966 times
Another thing can happen if you are one of the last to board. If the flight is full there might not be enough room for carry on baggage. Then they will make you check your carry on baggage.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:09 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
If they have business select available you can purchase at the gate (A1 through A15) for $45 domestic per leg (it may be more internationally).
Actually it is "upgraded boarding" available for $40 the day of travel, if there are any spaces available A1-A15.

Domestic and International are the same price, subject to availability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation