Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 01:50 PM

716 posts, read 390,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
People can have opinions but that does make them facts
Agreed, but as mdlee3_46041 pointed out, not all opinions need to be backed up by logic or facts.

We all like to assume our opinions are based by informed knowledge, but that’s obviously not the case for everyone. Some people believe our President is some sort of renegade usurper for the use of his executive orders, yet the facts show that he’s used his executive powers much less than most Republicans.

Some people believe racism isn’t a big problem anymore here in America and these clueless folks are entitled to their opinion however ignorant it might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 02:52 PM

4,336 posts, read 4,687,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I stopped flying SW when they kicked this beautiful girl on her way to a doctors appointment off the plane.

Southwest reaction to skimpy outfit out of line - Travel - News | NBC News

Since that time they have kicked thousands of people off for various reasons, been fined oodles for shoddy maintenance standards and skidded off runways 4 times.

A disaster waiting to happen IMHO.
You're pulling up something that happened in 2007???????????????????

Ok

Old 01-08-2015, 03:48 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,070,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

Ok
She never even ended up getting kicked off the airplane. She was initially asked to leave, but then "readjusted" her wardrobe and was let back on the flight.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,132,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Can I just say, I am very agitated with Southwest airlines. I know they're supposed to be so great, but the whole "no seat assignment" thing has me really anxious and now seriously pissed off. I checked in this morning as early as I possibly could (exactly 24 hours before my flight). I noticed that my husband's passport has his middle name, so I called Southwest to have that added to our reservation, just in case. After being on hold for 35 minutes, I finally got a person and had the name added. What she didn't tell me was that by adding his middle name she canceled our check in!

So, now instead of being B5 and B6, we're not checked in at all and I cannot check in until I'm home from work and can look up his passport expiration date again. I am furious. This all seems so unfair. I tweeted Southwest but all they said was "I'm sorry our customer service did not meet your expectations." Thanks for nothing.

Flying is such an unpleasant experience, but with other airlines at least I know in advance I'll be in a middle seat in the back of the plane because I booked last. It seems more fair. I hate that I played their stupid check in game and still I'm screwed because I tried to make sure everything would go smoothly at the airport.

Southwest airlines, you suck! I'm so done with flying. I end up annoyed every single time, regardless of the airline. I think I'm going to stick with trips I can drive to from now on because it's just not worth the agitation. Sorry, I just really need to vent. I wish, just once, I could have a hassle free flight. I've flown hundreds of times and I really do seem to run into a problem every single time. It's like it is impossible for me to enter an airport without feeling violated or angry at some point. Meanwhile I commute via public transit every single day without irritation.

The plane landed on time at the scheduled destination without turbulence or lost luggage, and the OP is complaining?

She oughta be thankful she wasn't riding Greyhound.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 AM

20,830 posts, read 16,985,498 times
Feds fine Southwest $1.6M for hours-long runway delays in Chicago storm | Fox News

Dang. 1.6M

Old 01-17-2015, 10:54 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,070,620 times
Gotta love the "Passenger bill of rights", where the airlines pay the feds for the delays caused, primarily, by the federally controlled ATC system.

The kicker is that the delays become exponentially longer when you have to return to the gate to avoid the 3 hour "tarmac" limit.

The bonus is that in an effort to avoid the ridiculous fines, the airlines cancel far more flights than they did previously.

At least the passengers "rights" (whatever those are) are protected.......

Leave it to the feds to take what was an occasional problem and make it far worse.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM

Southwest Airlines grounds 128 planes due to missed inspections - CBS News

And again. We uh missed it. The article is fairly revealing and not in the way that that gorgeous young woman was.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

Ok
That is when I stopped flying these fashion nazis.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:41 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,980,449 times
This is what i posted about a few months ago. Southwest can not pass the IOSA industry safety audit and has shoddy practices throughout the company. Glad that the feds are holding them accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Southwest Airlines grounds 128 planes due to missed inspections - CBS News

And again. We uh missed it. The article is fairly revealing and not in the way that that gorgeous young woman was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation