Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 04:52 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,421,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
There is a point. Does it not help to find them later on? Perhaps someone survived the probable crash. At the rate it's going, there probably won't be any survivors.
Everything I've read says that the pilots first responsibility even in an emergency is to fly the airplane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 04:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,995,375 times
When both engines shutdown due to ice the RAT would have deployed for emergency hydraulic and electric power. This emergency power does not power all systems. They may have lost comms as soon as both engines failed. Thus no pan pan or mayday call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Even if both engines shut down, at 38ft they should have been able to fly for quite sometime. Certainly long enough for a mayday

Old 12-29-2014, 05:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
CNN is definitely more reliable. RT isn't that trustworthy, or popular.
CNN is trustworthy? Did you forget black holes and aliens? C'mon, CNN is a flipping joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
A rescue official is saiying the flight is likely lost in the bottom of the sea

AirAsia Flight 8501: Search for missing plane expands as anxious relatives wait - CBS News
That's what they always say. I don't trust what is going on. I don't know what is going on, nor am I going to make up some theory of what is going on, I simply do not trust it as all "coincidence". BS.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm no pilot, but I imagine there isn't much point in calling for a mayday when there is no airport to land at.
Seriously? If you're on a plane that's going down, would you like flight controllers to know you are in trouble and immediately deploy search and rescue (with key info about what happened to assist in the search) rather than 3 or 4 hours later when you fail to show up at the destination?

Old 12-29-2014, 06:08 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
When both engines shutdown due to ice the RAT would have deployed for emergency hydraulic and electric power. This emergency power does not power all systems. They may have lost comms as soon as both engines failed. Thus no pan pan or mayday call.
Good point. But didn't they lose radar only a few minutes after the pilot requested to fly at a higher altitude? If so they didn't glide for 100 miles, they went straight down

Old 12-29-2014, 06:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
ABC News reported that the flight path went through severe turbulence. The fact that absolutely no data was produced by the plane after the last radar contact is very unusual. In fact it would be consistent with the MA 370. In that case the transponders had been turned off. In this case that information if similar has not been released.

Lets bear in mind that it took 5 hours after this plane was missing did the airlines post it. That is truly alarming but it is consistent with the Malaysian Airlines handing of the information. Once again, there is a plane gone. No contact, no cells phone no transponders.
If hit in a vulnerable spot by lightning...could that be a reason there was no other contact?
I would think as I was going down some sort of May Day would have gone out...
I thought it would have been ingrained in pilots? No?

Old 12-29-2014, 07:02 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,441 times
Malaysia Air is rebooted and up and running and ready to strike and now they're onto round 2. Whoever they are. But same area? 20 planes in the vicinity and no one saw or heard a thing? Radar was all over that place. Even the Californian saw the Titanic

It's sad but Malaysia Air was so ridiculous I believe it and I'm not a tin foil wearer.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:41 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
The plane has been missing for 24 hours.. give it a rest. The search has resumed.
How long has it been now?

Old 12-29-2014, 09:53 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How long has it been now?
Three days.

Search for missing AirAsia jetliner yields no solid evidence of its location or fate - The Washington Post

Old 12-29-2014, 10:59 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Malaysia Air is rebooted and up and running and ready to strike and now they're onto round 2. Whoever they are. But same area? 20 planes in the vicinity and no one saw or heard a thing? Radar was all over that place. Even the Californian saw the Titanic

It's sad but Malaysia Air was so ridiculous I believe it and I'm not a tin foil wearer.
They think they've detected a plane door,

Items resembling slide, plane door seen in AirAsia search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation