Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:00 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,842,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
What was sold as "coach" twenty years ago is now sold as "First Class" today.
Service on flights has gotten worse and worse over the decades, regardless of class. On domestic first class flights, you get a slightly bigger seat, you get to board first, and you get a snack. Totally worth the ridiculous price for a first class ticket.

My parents remember when they were served a full MEAL in coach on domestic flights. Man, those days are long gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:23 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Service on flights has gotten worse and worse over the decades, regardless of class. On domestic first class flights, you get a slightly bigger seat, you get to board first, and you get a snack. Totally worth the ridiculous price for a first class ticket.

My parents remember when they were served a full MEAL in coach on domestic flights. Man, those days are long gone.

Long gone are the ridiculous cost of that coach flight too

Old 12-30-2014, 10:51 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,983 times
I'll keep cheap tickets and pack my own snacks. Besides, doesn't fasting help fight jet lag? The airlines must be watching out for us

Old 12-31-2014, 12:29 AM

16,542 posts, read 8,584,349 times
One of the reasons I like to fly Continental (yes they still have entire crews from the original company on United flights) is for the extras they provide.
They actually provide meals on longer flights, and not just in 1st class. I hope this continues because as the OP says, it is nice to have everything included.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Long gone are the ridiculous cost of that coach flight too
The cost of flight in the last years is high. Blaming fuel costs and other expenses they made it expensive. Now with the price of fuel down, they still don't lower their tickets.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:07 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
The cost of flight in the last years is high. Blaming fuel costs and other expenses they made it expensive. Now with the price of fuel down, they still don't lower their tickets.
You are lacking historical reference and context.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:08 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
I find it weird, too.

Americans are obsessed with food and eating, though. Especially obsessed with the idea of being without food.

If you look at reviews for basic hotels, about 95% of the negative reviews are not about the hotel, but about how the "waffle machine" at the continental breakfast ran out of batter, or there weren't any pop tarts left.
holy cannoli i freakin' LOL'd

Old 12-31-2014, 02:19 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
So, bring a sandwich or some other snack - 19 times out of 20, whatever I bring is going to hit the spot more than whatever an airline serves up.

I can't get through a flight without reading. Know what? I bring my own book. I don't demand that Delta have on-board libraries, and just hope that I happen to like something in the selection. If I want to listen to music, I bring my own. I don't complain because United doesn't provide me with a playlist of the artists I like. Is a bag of peanuts and a Sprite really so exciting?

It's really not hard. Nor is it hard to bring a snack. In general, it's easier than making a meal, which most people do three times/day. And what airport doesn't have an endless line of shops where one can stop and grab a candy bar, or a sandwich or a hoagie or about three hundred different varieties of edibles?

How is this a problem?

Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 PM

274 posts, read 353,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Fish and crab is not vegetarian.
Yeah, that's why it was so funny and I put vegetarian in quotes

Old 12-31-2014, 04:58 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,010,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm wondering why anyone, other than young children or adults for health reasons, cannot manage to go five or six hours without eating.
WTF? Cuz it's normal to eat every few hours to keep your blood sugar up? I eat small meals throughout the day, I pack snacks for work, etc. HEALTHY ones btw. Your stomach is empty after like 4 hours anyways, why wouldn't you be hungry after that time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation