Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:25 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I live in Northern Ireland.
To most people on here, Morristown is going to mean the airport in Morristown, New Jersey, outside of New York City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 03:01 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times
Another jet flew over me on the 3am yesterday. Absolutely terrifying as I was awake and we have no flights at that time.

Turns out this one was Chicago.. I don't know what is going on.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:04 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Witch Morristown?

Is there a Morristown in Northern Ireland?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 PM

No they came from there which is why i'm trying to work out why someone would come to this tiny place from there.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:57 AM

2,245 posts, read 3,007,241 times
This is like pulling teeth.

The airport in Morristown New Jersey, is a general aviation airport that serves the Greater New York City area. It's somewhat out of the way, but is used by some private jets, because it's easier to get in and out of than airports closer to the city.

The one from Chicago is self-explanatory.

My best guess is that your small airport in Ireland, is a seldom used alternate airport, to a larger airport in that routinely handle private jet traffic. Perhaps this airport has been closed for construction or some other reason.

The only other reason I can think of, is a meeting of VIP's somewhere in your vicinity. Do you have any U.S. based corporations, that have offices or facilities in your area?

Old 06-20-2015, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
This is like pulling teeth.

The airport in Morristown New Jersey, is a general aviation airport that serves the Greater New York City area. It's somewhat out of the way, but is used by some private jets, because it's easier to get in and out of than airports closer to the city.

The one from Chicago is self-explanatory.

My best guess is that your small airport in Ireland, is a seldom used alternate airport, to a larger airport in that routinely handle private jet traffic. Perhaps this airport has been closed for construction or some other reason.

The only other reason I can think of, is a meeting of VIP's somewhere in your vicinity. Do you have any U.S. based corporations, that have offices or facilities in your area?
No my father is part of the local club and he said two jets where there yesterday so it is not an alternative location. Yes we do have a few American companies: Dupont, Seagate, Invista and more. I think you may be right, I never thought of that.

We were going to ask the airport who it was but we figured they'd tell us to get to hell.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:09 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
We were going to ask the airport who it was but we figured they'd tell us to get to hell.
If you can drive past the airport and see the aircraft, you can write the aircraft's tail (registration) number. You can then Google that to see who it is registered to.

Although odds are good it's going to come back to Wells Fargo or Bank of America or some vague holding company which won't tell you anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation