Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:41 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisis has been to Moscow several times since his recent election. They've ordered nuclear power plant from Russia.

The following quote seems to indicate either a greenlight by the US to go ahead or the US adding pressure on Putin to act.

>>>A U.S. official told NBC News he expects Russia to retaliate "heavily and militarily" if the theory is borne out.<<<
Usually, by the time a clandestine program is reported in the newspapers, it has been going on for some time in secret. The CIA has been giving MANPADs to the rebels.

Quote:
the U.S. has agreed to provide, Saudi and Turkish officials have renewed talks with their American counterparts about allowing limited supplies of shoulder-fire man-portable air-defense systems, or Manpads, to select rebels. Those weapons could help target regime aircraft, in particular those responsible for dropping barrel bombs, and could also help keep Russian air power at bay, the officials said.
U.S., Allies to Boost Aid to Syria Rebels - WSJ

Hence, the British have been cancelling Sharm flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 08:33 AM

94 posts, read 78,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabenonymous View Post
You people

Hasn't it occurred to you possibly that US-ISIS weaponry was involved in shooting down this high-altitude passenger plane full of Russian passengers

Why is Russia and US shooting down innocents
Look at the event over Ukraine with the passenger plane shot down by Russian missiles

You'll believe anything that you're told by CNN
Go back to sleep little sheeplings

Domesticated domesticrats

Nothing to see here

Old 11-05-2015, 08:38 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It was a great and safe resort destination when it was in Israel's hands.
But for someone to fly all the way from UK to Sharm for vacation in this day and age just doesn’t make sense. Flying and anything middle eastern just don’t mix. People have been singing the praises of Emirates and Qatar Air and how wonderful they are and what great service they have. I will never fly them. Although the way it is going half the world is getting to be a no fly zone.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
But for someone to fly all the way from UK to Sharm for vacation in this day and age just doesn’t make sense. Flying and anything middle eastern just don’t mix. People have been singing the praises of Emirates and Qatar Air and how wonderful they are and what great service they have. I will never fly them. Although the way it is going half the world is getting to be a no fly zone.
I fly regularly on Emirates to and around the Middle East.

People have been travelling to post Arab Spring locations like Sharm El-Sheikh because it's cheap (or have we forgotten Tunisia already). Flying to Israel or Jordan who also have exquisite vacation spots are much more expensive and are extremely safer. You get what you pay for and sometimes you die for it.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:17 AM

You guys can pretend it was a bomb
One or two of you guys can pretend VERY ERRONEOUSLY that it was a shoulder missile

Or you can choose to believe it was a classic US-built SAM launcher that brought the plane down
I choose to believe Putin knows it was a US-built SAM launcher
I choose to believe all the leaders are working together in keeping secret about this covert war from their citizens
I choose to believe what is happening on the ground is Russian-versus-US 21st century colonialism

I choose to believe Putin is thirsting to shoot down passenger planes full of innocent citizens from the US / UK in retaliation
And he will wear an Islamic mask to do it just as we're doing

Last edited by Wannabenonymous; 11-05-2015 at 11:47 AM..

Old 11-05-2015, 12:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
As of 11 am Moscow time, based on Russian MCHS - Ministerstvo Chrezvychaynyh Situacij, equivalent to FEMA, there are practically no news.
Search zone was expended to 40 km and search is likely to be stopped as of 20:00 Cairo time.
One of the recorders was successfully opened and data transferred.
2nd one is damaged and is "technically unsound". Connection to it and data collection is being worked on and may take several days. That is the one that recorded video and audio data.
That's about it.
Russia started molecular recognition of over 50 remains that could not be identified visually. Remains will be identified based on family DNA analysis.
Finacial help to families is in progress and Medvedev ordered to reduce p/w and expedite time for it so that it is all done without delay.
There may be update later today, after 20:00 Cairo time, when search will be stopped.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:32 PM

24,279 posts, read 13,132,107 times
Quote:
You guys can pretend it was a bomb
One or two of you guys can pretend VERY ERRONEOUSLY that it was a shoulder missile

Or you can choose to believe it was a classic US-built SAM launcher that brought the plane down
I choose to believe Putin knows it was a US-built SAM launcher
I choose to believe all the leaders are working together in keeping secret about this covert war from their citizens
I choose to believe what is happening on the ground is Russian-versus-US 21st century colonialism

I choose to believe Putin is thirsting to shoot down passenger planes full of innocent citizens from the US / UK in retaliation
And he will wear an Islamic mask to do it just as we're doing
SAM launchers don't shoot down aircraft. They're launchers. (Note for clarification: I have had a SAM shot my way before, as well as barrage and aimed anti-aircraft artillery.)

This kind of commentary belongs in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:58 PM

^ You can't trick me

Old 11-05-2015, 02:37 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
^ You can't trick me
We all know it was the Chinese that did it and you are working for them to throw us off the track.

Can't trick us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation