Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 12:44 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times

Advertisements

OK tsa gets ripped all the time and probably earns it. But The wife and I had to fly with our 22 year old son who has special needs and can be difficult. Per the TSA web site we called 72 hours before our flight with our information. About 3 hours before our flight we got a call from TSA asking when we will be going through security. The TSA agent met us at check in when we were checking our bags and just waited with us. Then off we go to security, but no waiting in line, he took us through another entrance. He let me hold hands with my son all the way through the whole process. They could not have been nicer. This was in Spokane WA.
On the way home in Columbus Oh, very much the same experience. Just wanted to share because I have read a lot of TSA horror stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 03:21 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
OK ...
That now makes TSA 99% obnoxious ...

Old 04-24-2016, 02:03 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
TSA is all for show to make the public get back on planes again I flew from Grand Cayman Island 4 years ago and the security they had was like what we had 20 years ago a metal detector from the 70's and some guys with wands. They have a tough job people should not complain I have never waited more then 20 minutes at TSA most of the time it took less then 5-10. Good you thought ahead and setup arrangements.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:01 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
I was shocked with TSA on my trip last week. For some reason, I qualified for less intrustive screening. On the first leg, I didn't have to remove my shoes and only had to empty my pockets and put the lap top separate. On the return leg, they ushered me over to a separate line. Didn't have to even empty my pockets this time, but the change and keys set off the metal detector, so I emptied my pockets and breezed right through.

Now if Southwest would just get rid of the new seats for midgets, I might start flying again.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:38 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
I think I've flown maybe 10 times in the last few years, and only once was a TSA agent "bad." I had a small bottle of soap in my carry on bag, which was my fault (it's against their rules), but the guy went and just dumped everything out onto a table. I mean he held the bag 2 feet off the table and just dumped it, stuff was flying everywhere, onto the conveyor belt, all over the floor. The security area was packed and I had some embarrassing stuff in the bag, it was so incredibly embarrassing, but hey, I learned my lesson. I follow their rules to the T now. Besides that I've only had fairly pleasant experiences. Most of the people are actually quite nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation