Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 05:14 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,730,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Favorite is Dfw if originating there. Parking is close by gate and picking up visitors at curb is easy. Lots of options in destinations.

Least favorite is Dfw when transiting through. Can end up with monster walks between gates in same terminal.
I say the same thing about Chicago O'Hare. Great when living there. Can get anywhere and home usually with no stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,769,823 times
I like LaGuardia; had a connection there recently and liked all the individual seating with I pads and charging stations.

Favorite airport? 8A1

Guntersville Municipal Airport - Joe Starnes Field.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:46 PM
ptt

497 posts, read 636,973 times
Best: Changi airport, Singapore. Well organize, efficient service, plenty of good restaurants and even movie theatres
Worst : Indira Gandhi International Airport, New delhi, India. CHAOS!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:02 PM

199 posts, read 176,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Not sure if it has been done before, but what is your favorite airport and why? It can be either regional or international. Post pictures
Love Field, Dallas. It is small and manageable. The eating places consists of local favorites and don't cost too much more than on the outside. My least favorite is LAX, which charges DOUBLE at its eateries.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:56 PM

817 posts, read 922,040 times
My favorite is Ontario because when I lived in that area it was close by and easy to use. Before TSA we would leave our house an hour before scheduled takeoff. Also it is what saves us from that dump LAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Favorite is Dfw if originating there. Parking is close by gate and picking up visitors at curb is easy. Lots of options in destinations.

Least favorite is Dfw when transiting through. Can end up with monster walks between gates in same terminal.
DFW really is a short distance from parking to gate. The problem is that checkpoints are closed frequently and you have to walk to the next one and then back. Love Field smaller and one way in so no closed checkpoints.

I am impressed by Midway and how the passenger terminal was expanded across Cicero Ave. They have so little space and made really good use of it. The problem is when the TSA line also stretches across the street

Old 07-30-2016, 07:41 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,332,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Maybe someday- Berlin Bradenburg. This airport and the electrical system on our old 2003 Passat are two great counters to the myth of German engineering superiority. At some point in maybe 2019, the first plane will arrive there from Atlanta (because heaven, hell or apocalypse, you will connect through Atlanta) and there will be a man and a pale horse in the cargo hold.
Unfortunately, infrastructure governance in Germany is more than horrible. They did not even selected a contractor for the whole project, because "that would have given big companies too much power", so all the commitees of the airport and the Berlin local government were supposed to do the project management by themselves, including steering hundreds of small and medium sizes suppliers and contractors, which partially went bankrupt or did big bs. This can never work, especially when politicians (such as the former mayor of Berlin Mr. Wowereit) involve in decisions which they have no clue about. Something like "I want this or that" - when the engineers keep telling them its not possible. We can see that in many big projects in Germany at the moment, more or less ALL public funded projects are going miserably delayed, over budget and not state of the art. Partially because they want to save money, and at the same time do some special bling bling, which only result in poor quality, poor management and money spent twice. Would have been so easy, if they just ordered the airport as a Turnkey-Solution from Hochtief or another big boys.

I do not like LGA that much. An airport in that good location should have a quick rapid transport connection to downtown Manhattan. The runways crossing each other lead to somehow long waiting times, on my last LGA-BOS it took like 40 min from the Gate to take-off and then around 30 min to Boston. The terminal was overcrowded and it felt like the air condition was not working properly in some parts of the gate area. Still better than EWR or JFK though.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:53 PM

23,524 posts, read 24,006,421 times
Some other airport ratings:

1/ Good: ATL, SFO, DEN, SEA, PDX, DAL
2/ Poor: LAS, LAX

Old 08-06-2016, 06:40 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,324 times
Favorite large international airport would be Detroit and Atlanta. Detroit is vastly improved over previous years and is spacious and clean. And ATL can move so many people and planes efficiently. My favorite smaller airport would be Jacksonville International Airport because you can get in and out so easy whether dropping someone off curbside or checking in yourself. It reminds me of a smaller version of DEN with the large windows at the end of the concourses.

The worst airports are ERW and BOS dirty and smelly and not so great to get in and out off.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:49 PM

9,529 posts, read 16,510,276 times
My favorite is PDX. Very manageable efficient airport. It is clean and has a number of nonstop flights. There is excellent ground transportation. A light rail line connects the airport to downtown Portland, and elsewhere in the metro. This airport has won the best US airport award for several years. The other is the Tampa Airport.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:03 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,256 times
I don't know favorite, but my most unfavorite airport is Houston George Bush. Too crowed, and another big pet peeve for me: airport food completely lacks variety, too much texan beef stuff, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation