Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 06:34 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
If you cannot handle your own luggage by yourself, don't take it.

You should switch to a carryon that fits under your seat.

I don't know why you expect men or anyone to help you.

Because at one time men WOULD go out of the way to help a woman, especially one who is older or pregnant (or beautiful). Now it's every man for himself. Chivalry and good manners are dying along with common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 06:38 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ignorant passengers who cant wait for the sign to take their seatbelt off to get in the way waiting for the toilet... surely they cant be bursting in such a short time , all they do is harrass the cabin crew by getting in their way.. the same people usually also cant wait to jam the aisle to look for something mundane from their overhead luggage.. they drive me insane.... The other thing is the gabby passenger on her or his own sitting beside me who need to talk.. and talk and talk.... that drives me mental.. I just want a quiet flight with not hassles.. I dont annoy anyone and dont want to be annoyed either.... the other things is perfumes on planes.. it makes me ill..
So you basically are the official Behavior Monitor for how others are to adjust to your standards? Hmmm...

I agree with you that the habit of rushing the plane once it lands makes zero sense. File out in an orderly manner. This isn't a race. You are all headed to the great unknown, I am in no rush to get there by being stomped upon. Where ever you go, there you are.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Flight delays that can cause me to miss a connecting flight. Nothing worse than sitting on the tarmack or at the gate looking at my watch realizing that when I get to the next airport I've got 17 minutes to board the next plane - if we leave right this minute. Which isn't going to happen.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:09 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
But whenever I hear someone speak English next to me on a flight, I expect it will be another crybaby from the US.
And whenever I hear a European accent I always assume it's going to be one of those snotty elitists that hate Americans.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:40 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,381,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
And whenever I hear a European accent I always assume it's going to be one of those snotty elitists that hate Americans.
Or one those guys or girls that doesn't use deodorant and by the time the plane leaves the gate the odor is already quite strong.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:53 AM

23,537 posts, read 24,029,400 times
Rude, clueless passengers.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:53 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Americans who whine just about everything during a flight. The seat's too narrow, the flight is too long, the food is too bad etc. I LOVE flying. But whenever I hear someone speak English next to me on a flight, I expect it will be another crybaby from the US.

OMG LOL. I might be that cry baby but you'd never know it. I like talking to people next to me on the plane I just hate flying, not the people. They're usually a fun distraction for me.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:25 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
Oh and I forgot to mention.......Someone has already done all the crossword puzzles in the airline magazine in the row I'm sitting in.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:51 AM

18 posts, read 24,606 times
Crying babies, tight seats, people who overflow to your seat, people who recline all the way, people who have their feet or knees against the back of your seat, not having an aisle seat.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:52 AM

924 posts, read 752,019 times
The possibility of being given a hard time about taking my inhaler or nebulizer/asthma meds on the plane. I remember hearing some years back about how if you went on a overseas flight, you had to hand such meds over to the flight attendants, and signal for one of them if you needed it. (basically how it went, anyhow)

And for me, that would just NOT too......especially when having a severe asthma attack. I remember someone on another messageboard I post on got really snippy with me about this, and acted like I was making a big deal over nothing, but in my defense.....I HAVE had it happen where I had breathing problems and didn't have immediate access to an inhaler.....it's really scary.

Last edited by Diane de Poitiers; 09-20-2016 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation