Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 01:22 PM

18,530 posts, read 1,423,905 times

Advertisements

The narrow area for my feet stresses me out as I don't want a blood clot. Much of the time all i can do is move my feet up and down as I alternate heel up and toes down (vice-a-versa).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 01:31 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,013,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Because at one time men WOULD go out of the way to help a woman, especially one who is older or pregnant (or beautiful). Now it's every man for himself. Chivalry and good manners are dying along with common sense.
While that may be true, good manners is also only packing what you can handle without expecting others to help you.

That is why FAs are no longer allowed to help passengers load their luggage. Too many were getting hurt helping passengers hoist their overweight bags in the overhead bins.

A girlfriend who was an FA had to retire early for just this reason.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:36 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,537,074 times
One thing that's always been difficult for me, is when the engines stop running.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:00 PM

10,432 posts, read 7,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
One thing that's always been difficult for me, is when the engines stop running.
How often has that happened for you?

Missing the flight, for one reason or another, is my only concern.

Being 2 meters tall I prefer an aisle seat or something with more legroom, but it's not stressful to be otherwise seated.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:34 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,661,933 times
Well, I have to confess, that fiasco around Delta's last big Data Center crash really had me stressed out. After finally getting to ATL around 10:30 PM, sitting at the gate with not a clue whether we would ever get a flight out was quite stressful. Having to get off the plane after sitting on it for an hour, waiting for pilots, tripped my stress meter over the edge.
When, at 3:30 AM, they finally announced the flight was cancelled, I actually felt relieved. Finally, my fate was back in my own hands.

Air travel is not for the meek.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:37 PM

13,259 posts, read 22,687,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Oh and I forgot to mention.......Someone has already done all the crossword puzzles in the airline magazine in the row I'm sitting in.
Or someone did half the crossword puzzle in pen and gave up because they started to get answers wrong.

Still better a used airline magazine in a seat back pocket than a used air sickness bag or diaper as others have reported.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:47 PM

46,814 posts, read 25,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Flight delays that can cause me to miss a connecting flight. Nothing worse than sitting on the tarmack or at the gate looking at my watch realizing that when I get to the next airport I've got 17 minutes to board the next plane - if we leave right this minute. Which isn't going to happen.
That one I can very much relate to. In fact, everything timing-related. Am I the only one unnerved in the security check line, when I have my watch & cellphone tucked away in my carry-on and there's no bloody wall clock?

Other passengers I can mostly handle. Babies cry, it's in their job description. Grown people sometimes have strange ideas of appropriate behavior, but we're stuck in the tube no matter what and I cannot control other people, only how I choose to respond. So - I let it roll off me. Once I'm in my seat, with my e-reader, headphones, emergency earplugs and a couple of wet-wipes within reach, I turn my focus to eternity, bask in the absence of email & cellphones, and enjoy the idea that nice people may show up with drinks.

It's one the situations where all I want to be is a trouble-free little cog in the big machinery.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:51 PM

46,814 posts, read 25,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
How often has that happened for you?
For me, it tends to happen when at the gate, but I never found that particularly stressful...

Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM

3,956 posts, read 4,198,594 times
Leaving the earth.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:32 PM

10,184 posts, read 6,239,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
If you cannot handle your own luggage by yourself, don't take it.

You should switch to a carryon that fits under your seat.

I don't know why you expect men or anyone to help you.
When I fly from Florida to NY in WINTER, I need heavy clothes which cannot fit under the seat in a small bag for a month stay. Should I only fly North in the Summers because I live in Florida?

Flying out of Ft. Lauderdale in October on SW, very CHEAP fare, where I can check two bags for free. Zika cheap fares from where you live and is a 2 hour drive for me.

No Floridian will every need anything but shorts and tshirts? WOMEN are more considerate of other women whether you like that or not. If elderly tiny Granny that I am can help another woman more invalid than me, I WILL. Take that you, MEN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation