Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 09:26 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Some 5% of passengers miss flights but in bad times out can get up to 15%. Most of that are often late running connections and the 15% happens during peak flying times or bad storms. Is say 10 to 30 passengers on a 200 person flight really that bad? Well considering they would only need to find as few as six fillins if they need four people for a must-fly foursome.

As I said before sports arenas can have far larger lost revenue from unintended unsold seats but survive and don't worry about overbooking, yet airlines do. WHY IS THAT?

How many people in the US fly every year? And how many flights? it's a numbers game and clearly a significant one even if you don't want to recognize it. Flights are overbooked sometimes because people miss flights and because there is a network to provide additional flights if needed even if that's the next day. Again you can go in circles but an airline ticket and concert or sporting event are not comparable no matter how you try to slice it.

You made a terrible comparison get over it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 09:33 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,002,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
He wasn't disruptive or unruly. There are many witnesses and it's all on videotape. And simply refusing to give up a seat isn't being disruptive or unruly.
Did you know that not obeying a flight crew member is a federal crime ??

Old 04-13-2017, 10:27 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,189,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Probably because if it were them in the similar situation, no one would care what happened to them, you would hear the usual, they should have just comply with the cops orders and they would not have been dragged and none of this would have ever happened. Always obey orders from law enforcement and fight the details later.

This united passenger should have complied with the orders to leave and he would have not been in that situation, the other three left the plane without incident and they weren't drugged off the plane kicking and screaming like a child. The man then ran back on the plan afterwards, he is lucky they didn't charge him with a crime then.

There was a black woman dragged off of a Delta flight just a few months ago and no one seemed to care, maybe because she wasn't blood it up
The other 3 volunteered. If he left and fought it later, he would have got nothing.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Be that as it may, but all the legal opinions I have read so far suggest that the "freaking idiot" is going to walk away with millions. Maybe not such an "idiot" after all.
Well, he'll be an idiot with a lot of money - but still a freaking idiot.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:34 PM

I just hate that this particular guy is probably going to get millions of dollars in a settlement. He has a criminal background. He was convicted of trading sex for drugs in Kentucky awhile back and lost his license to practice medicine, and was only recently allowed a provisional license to practice medicine ONE day a week at his wife's practice. When he had his own practice, he was so belligerent and verbally abusive and spring loaded that he had a lot of staff turnover. And by the way, sure, sex is sex, but just for the record, this married father of five was trading sex with a MAN for drugs.

He was part of the huge opiate scandal in the Rust Belt in the early 2000s.

He's a jerk. Did he deserve to get treated like he did by United? Probably not. But still - I fly a lot and I never would have acted like he did. Honestly - breaking away from security and running BACK into the plane and hanging onto some pole or whatever in the plane and screaming "I HAVE TO GO HOME, I HAVE TO GO HOME????" Where was his wife then by the way?

United mishandled this but I stand by my assertion that this guy is a freaking idiot.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:35 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy01 View Post
"Doctor" is a convicted felon having sold drugs illegally for cash and taking pictures of male genitalia for his own personal use. Furthermore, he consented, on video to being physically removed.

But sure, let's watch United feel the wrath here. Hahahahaha, ok.
Actually the media has the wrong guy, so yeah the doctor will be suing the media also for slander. Ka-Ching.

Might as well back up that Brinks truck now.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I just hate that this particular guy is probably going to get millions of dollars in a settlement. He has a criminal background. He was convicted of trading sex for drugs in Kentucky awhile back and lost his license to practice medicine, and was only recently allowed a provisional license to practice medicine ONE day a week at his wife's practice. When he had his own practice, he was so belligerent and verbally abusive and spring loaded that he had a lot of staff turnover. And by the way, sure, sex is sex, but just for the record, this married father of five was trading sex with a MAN for drugs.

He was part of the huge opiate scandal in the Rust Belt in the early 2000s.

He's a jerk. Did he deserve to get treated like he did by United? Probably not. But still - I fly a lot and I never would have acted like he did. Honestly - breaking away from security and running BACK into the plane and hanging onto some pole or whatever in the plane and screaming "I HAVE TO GO HOME, I HAVE TO GO HOME????" Where was his wife then by the way?

United mishandled this but I stand by my assertion that this guy is a freaking idiot.
Wrong guy. Media has it all wrong.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Did you know that not obeying a flight crew member is a federal crime ??
Apparently he had a legal right to stay on that plane. There is an article out there here explaining the fine points of the contract between customer and United and they had no legal grounds to remove him from the plane once his ticket had been scanned and accepted by airline.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Actually the media has the wrong guy, so yeah the doctor will be suing the media also for slander. Ka-Ching.

Might as well back up that Brinks truck now.
Nope - there was a doctor from LOUISIANA with a similar name but not this guy. This is the guy from Kentucky who is a convicted felon. Yeah, this guy. NOT the guy from Louisiana.

Heck, if I was the doctor from Louisiana I'd be ticked off, because the Louisiana doctor is not the crazy ass guy on the plane, and also not the guy with six felony convictions. Crazy Plane Guy is the one with the six felony convictions.

No, the media did not identify the wrong David Dao as United's passenger - LA Times

Old 04-13-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Wrong guy. Media has it all wrong.
Nope. Crazy Plane Guy is the doctor with six felony convictions - FROM KENTUCKY. The other doctor with a similar name is from Louisiana and quite a bit younger. And doesn't have six felony convictions. And hasn't had his medical license revoked.

No, the media did not identify the wrong David Dao as United's passenger - LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation