Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 08:33 AM

190 posts, read 167,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This EXACTLY - and like you, at this point I am thoroughly tired of even thinking about this story.
For someone who claims to be 'tired of thinking about this story', you sure come back to the thread over and over again to say what a degenerate citizen this doctor is. I think we all know you don't like the guy and think he deserved what he got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 08:44 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There are two videos here, one 'before' the dragging and one after, please tell me where he fought with the Officers, and screaming =/= fighting.
https://twitter.com/JayseDavid

I worked in law enforcement and if you have three officers and you want to remove someone without harming them it is not all that hard to do.
Sigh. I have already linked to the video of him screaming and flailing with LEA BEFORE his injury numerous times so I'm not going to look it up again.

He was struggling with LEA in a very small space and in that struggle, he hit his face on the armrest.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So..........just give em your best "pouty face" huh?
No - there are all sorts of ways to appropriately deal with authorities - we don't have only Dao's response or "best pouty face."

Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You keep bringing up his criminal record and you have asserted that it is somehow relevant what happened.

You haven't explained why it is relevant. What issue in this case is the criminal record relevant too? If the people removed Dao from airplane didn't know about his criminal record how could it be relevant?

The charges against Dr. Dao appear to involve drug use and having sex with his patients. These are not violent acts. Many people who are wrongfully injured or killed are not angels. Yet, having a criminal record doesn't entitle others to beat or harm them.

Bringing up a criminal past that does not involve violence is really nothing, but attempting to blacken someone's name and discredit them through innuendo.
On the contrary, I have explained over and over again why his PAST BEHAVIOR is relevant to his current behavior or situation. So I'm not going to explain it again.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf1958 View Post
For someone who claims to be 'tired of thinking about this story', you sure come back to the thread over and over again to say what a degenerate citizen this doctor is. I think we all know you don't like the guy and think he deserved what he got.
That's right - I'm tired of the story but I'm also tired of my words and viewpoint being consistently misrepresented. So till I get completely sick of it all, I'll continue to comment.

But don't worry - I'm reaching the point of being completely sick of it all. Meanwhile, feel free to block my comments if you don't want to read them.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
I can speak for myself. I probably would not change my tune, based on the videos I've seen of him resisting the law enforcement agents and screaming and flailing about when they touched him. In fact, even before I knew anything about his criminal past, my husband and I had seen the videos of his behavior with LEA and had already considered him pretty much an unhinged lunatic and definitely someone we would NOT want as a fellow flier.
OK, that is fine but most others and yourself resort to "he is a criminal." You even state it was relevant to the case which there is no proof.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:00 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You keep bringing up his criminal record and you have asserted that it is somehow relevant what happened.

You haven't explained why it is relevant. What issue in this case is the criminal record relevant too? If the people removed Dao from airplane didn't know about his criminal record how could it be relevant?

The charges against Dr. Dao appear to involve drug use and having sex with his patients. These are not violent acts. Many people who are wrongfully injured or killed are not angels. Yet, having a criminal record doesn't entitle others to beat or harm them.

Bringing up a criminal past that does not involve violence is really nothing, but attempting to blacken someone's name and discredit them through innuendo.
Yeah this is a common tactic with people who routinely excuse official thuggery. It's the "well if they weren't such a terrible person this wouldn't have happened to them" defence. It somehow excuses the authoritarian overreach in their minds. But past behavior is irrelevent to the current situation. Those that have the power need to err on the side of respect.

It's how a corporation or public service entity deals with difficult situations/people especially that tests the effectiveness and humanity of their policies. It's not hard to treat meek or compliant customers or citizens decently (although they often don't do that either).

Thankfully we have those that resist, because they end up outing the flawed practices of those in authority and bring policy changes for the better for everyone. Without those people, our rights as the public would keep getting chipped away and we'd just accept it as so many frogs in a pot of boiling water.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK, that is fine but most others and yourself resort to "he is a criminal." You even state it was relevant to the case which there is no proof.

Sigh. What I've said over and over again is that his past BEHAVIOR (not just his criminal record) does have bearing on his present behavior. Are you saying that a pattern of behavior over the course of a lifetime has no bearing on a person's current behavior?

Old 04-17-2017, 09:21 AM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
In contrast to this story is another story about someone getting kicked off of a flight. No injuries though. It's also to show that other airlines wrongly deboard seated passengers, not just United. It also shows a disabled man handling his situation in a more adult manner.

http://wnep.com/2017/03/30/was-passe...to-disability/

Old 04-17-2017, 09:23 AM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Sigh. What I've said over and over again is that his past BEHAVIOR (not just his criminal record) does have bearing on his present behavior. Are you saying that a pattern of behavior over the course of a lifetime has no bearing on a person's current behavior?
And what would you have said about the incident if information about his past had not surfaced, would you play behavioral psychologist and surmise that he must have traded vicodin for sex 13 years ago because nothing else explains why he didn't just **** and get off the plane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation