Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Maybe they are doing this on purpose. If United has to offer reduced fare to get people on their planes becasue of their incident, American may have to offer reduced fares to compete then all the airlines will have to follow suit. However if every airline is equally likely to beat you up and send you to the hospital rather than to your destination, none of them will have a competitive edge and they can all keep their prices high.
LOL, seems to me though, that if the flying public figures on getting to their intended destinations, rather then being beat up and sent to the hospital, and after having paid a high price for their tickets to boot, such practices on the part of the airline industry would adversely affect their bottom line.

Can you see it? Strongarm Airlines? Brass Knuckles Airlines? Headlock Airlines? "To hell with our competitors, we'll beat YOU!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 03:04 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
She shoved him causing the stroller to fall down and strike her. The customer caused the stroller to hit her.

Mr Hero didn't see the events beforehand. He took the events out of context.

The FA behaved out of line by far. This is what happens when you put a lot of pressure on people in a small cramped environment. Management is to blame for most of the employee outbursts for creating such a hostile environment.

What you people don't realize is when dealing with large groups you have to treat everyone like they are dumb and be forceful. FAs cannot lose control of the cabin. Customer service takes a back seat to getting the job done - it has to or the airplane would never move.
What is the source of these new details?

Old 04-25-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Maybe they are doing this on purpose. If United has to offer reduced fare to get people on their planes becasue of their incident, American may have to offer reduced fares to compete then all the airlines will have to follow suit. However if every airline is equally likely to beat you up and send you to the hospital rather than to your destination, none of them will have a competitive edge and they can all keep their prices high.
I said it on the other thread. All airlines do this stuff. United, and now American, just were unlucky that pax filmed some of it and spread the news. If police need body cams, then so do crew members of an aircraft.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:38 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
She shoved him causing the stroller to fall down and strike her. The customer caused the stroller to hit her.

The FA behaved out of line by far. This is what happens when you put a lot of pressure on people in a small cramped environment. Management is to blame for most of the employee outbursts for creating such a hostile environment.

What you people don't realize is when dealing with large groups you have to treat everyone like they are dumb and be forceful. FAs cannot lose control of the cabin. Customer service takes a back seat to getting the job done - it has to or the airplane would never move.
Really? With one kid on her hip and another in the car chair she had the strength and ability to shove the FA so forcefully that he dropped the stroller on her?

That FA not only lost control of the cabin, he lost control of himself. He was in the wrong job.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
We can agree on the bottom line.
Good enough!

Quote:

I haven't kept up with the news. Is this out there or something you heard because you work for the airline?

Regardless of what happened with her, his response to the man was aggressive and hostile. Not good when you're working in a customer service capacity. And I say that knowing I could NEVER serve the public because there are so many idiots that I'd lose my temper and my job in short order.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:09 AM

457 posts, read 661,268 times
The idiot gate agent should have checked the stroller at plane-side and had it returned to the passenger
as she deplaned. Happens countless times a day! Considering the diminishing quality of airline service
personnel, nothing is surprising!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basse Bud View Post
The idiot gate agent should have checked the stroller at plane-side and had it returned to the passenger
as she deplaned. Happens countless times a day! Considering the diminishing quality of airline service
personnel, nothing is surprising!
That's what I think happened. The stroller was supposed to be left at the aircraft door to be carried down and loaded in the baggage compartment. The women must have thought she could bring it on board. That's how I think the conflict began. That's where the agent got rough with her. It's just speculation, but it fits the known info so far.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:00 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
It turns out SHE wasn't hit at all. So all of that sobbing was because her child was *almost hit*?

And guess who is representing her? Tom Demetrio the same guy representing Dao.

Lawyer of dragged United passenger now represents mother in American Airlines incident - LA Times

Look for hundreds of cases like this now. Some real, most contrived.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It turns out SHE wasn't hit at all. So all of that sobbing was because her child was *almost hit*?

And guess who is representing her? Tom Demetrio the same guy representing Dao.

Lawyer of dragged United passenger now represents mother in American Airlines incident - LA Times

Look for hundreds of cases like this now. Some real, most contrived.
Oh, goody - I'm flying on AA in a couple of weeks - maybe I'll get rich too.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:11 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That's what I think happened. The stroller was supposed to be left at the aircraft door to be carried down and loaded in the baggage compartment. The women must have thought she could bring it on board. That's how I think the conflict began. That's where the agent got rough with her. It's just speculation, but it fits the known info so far.
That's my take on it too, although nothing (at least that I can find), has been said as to what happened with the woman. I tbought it was standard procedure to check the stroller at at least the plane door (I thought they used to let parents wheel strollers down the jetway, and check the strollers at the door of the plane). If she tried to insist that she be allowed to keep the stroller with her during the flight, or perhaps try and stash it into an overhead bin (!!!???!!!), she'd have been out of line, and had she refused to check the stroller could have been required to get off the plane. Seems grabbing the stroller was a bit much on the part of the flight attendent, I could understand his frustration at trying to deal with so many people with those self-entitlement attitudes who want it their way or the highway, but that's where the professionalism of the flight attendents and crew should come in. Losing control like that flight attendent did helps nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation