Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:25 PM

581 posts, read 455,982 times

Advertisements

I used to love flying prior to 9/11. Now it's just a necessary evil I have to suffer through to get from Point A to Point B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:25 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post

I recently saw young people on a southwest flight wearing pajamas. It was the middle of the day in St. Louis.

I haven't even read this whole thread through but this stopped me in my tracks, so if this has been covered already, my bad.

WTFFFFF do you or others care if someone wears comfy pajamas on a plane?

Are people supposed to dress in a tuxedo to get on a miserable flight and be just that much more uncomfortable? Wearing comfy clothes helps make it less hellish. I don't give a flying you-know-what what a bunch of strangers in an airport/plane that I'll never see again think of my attire. I'm just trying to make the whole ordeal less hellish, and comfy clothes do help even if it's just a little bit.

I haven't worn pajamas, but believe you me I wear the comfiest clothes I can find, usually gym shorts and a very loose tshirt. I wouldn't think twice about putting on pajamas if that's all I could find.

Flying is pure hell, it's awful. I just flew cross country two days ago from Lake Tahoe back to TN. I can't even begin to describe how awful flying has become. I seriously would have rather driven that whole distance in my nice comfy Lexus. I needed a whole day just to unwind from the pure hell it is flying across country.

I just find it funny that you and others on here have a problem with peoples' attire in airports/planes. Why do you care? How does it affect you?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,398,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
I haven't even read this whole thread through but this stopped me in my tracks, so if this has been covered already, my bad.

WTFFFFF do you or others care if someone wears comfy pajamas on a plane?

Are people supposed to dress in a tuxedo to get on a miserable flight and be just that much more uncomfortable? Wearing comfy clothes helps make it less hellish. I don't give a flying you-know-what what a bunch of strangers in an airport/plane that I'll never see again think of my attire. I'm just trying to make the whole ordeal less hellish, and comfy clothes do help even if it's just a little bit.

I haven't worn pajamas, but believe you me I wear the comfiest clothes I can find, usually gym shorts and a very loose tshirt. I wouldn't think twice about putting on pajamas if that's all I could find.

Flying is pure hell, it's awful. I just flew cross country two days ago from Lake Tahoe back to TN. I can't even begin to describe how awful flying has become. I seriously would have rather driven that whole distance in my nice comfy Lexus. I needed a whole day just to unwind from the pure hell it is flying across country.

I just find it funny that you and others on here have a problem with peoples' attire in airports/planes. Why do you care? How does it affect you?
Wow! Didn't mean to upset you so much. The whole context of this conversation was about flying today, as compared to years ago. I don't care what you or anybody else wears, you paid your way. But, years ago, the only time I saw a person in pajamas was my 3 year old on an evening charter flight.

You might try a Xanax before you fly and maybe even before you post.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:19 PM

581 posts, read 455,982 times
Wearing pajamas outside the house is tacky as hell. There's plenty of options for casual, comfortable dress that don't leave you looking like a total slob.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:31 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Wearing pajamas outside the house is tacky as hell. There's plenty of options for casual, comfortable dress that don't leave you looking like a total slob.
I haven't worn pajamas but I can tell you, I'm not exactly dressed in Armani when I fly. But I guess what I'm really saying is I couldn't care less if I see someone else looking like "a total slob", as long as they don't smell. Flying is pure hell, people are (somewhat understandably) cranky which exacerbates the million other horrible things about the whole experience. Flying is just awful, I avoid it like the plague. Even first class isn't anything to write home about, but the large seats do help.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
If a girl sitting next to me is wearing pajamas or a nightie, that's not going to bother me even a little bit.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:53 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
You might want to brush your teeth before you settle in for a nice long snooze, so don't forget to take a spit basin.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:14 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
If a girl sitting next to me is wearing pajamas or a nightie, that's not going to bother me even a little bit.
If she's wearing pajamas on plane, what do you think the chances are that she's the fantasy you have in mind?

Old 07-21-2017, 03:00 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,331,012 times
In First class (international) people are actually handed out pyjamas before meal service. Sitting in tight jeans for 13 hours is just uncomfortable.

First time flying on longhaul first felt very strange. My friend was actually dressing up with a nice shirt and shoes. And then we changed to pyjamas, sitting in our beds and being servied $100 bottles of champaign. Weird when you look like that:

I would't do that on short domestic flights, lol.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:44 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
I have to say, the things that happened on our last flight go counter to everything that I read about and hear on the news.

We were on a full SW airlines flight AKA "The Cattle Car" Since I have a KTN, my kids and I breezed through security checkpoints

The FLight was full, but since my oldest wanted to sit by the windwo away from us it was ok
The third guy in our row brought a large bag of potato chips, the kinds I never buy. We traded some of his potato chips for our pistachios and almonds (I always carry extra on flights in case there is a delay or another starving kid or passenger who needs a snack)
We had a little Party of sorts sharing eats

The steward oh I mean the Flight Attendant gave me a a rum and coke, but never came back and charged me the $5 for it !

n the end, we made it to our destination, a little rough, but with new aquaintances and a good flight. I always want to make the flight fun for those around us/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation