Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:15 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,001 times

Advertisements

I landed a few hours ago...As i am watching them unload the bags, i spot my bag and just observe. A guy grabs it and throw it like it was a sac of cow poop. Alright, it is not a Louis Vuitton bag, but damn... Why do they mishandle bags so much? I know they've got keep things moving but still
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 12:48 PM

103 posts, read 237,213 times
Thats the reason I dont buy expensive bags. Baggage handlers dont care for your bags. After the first round of travelling the bags look bad. So better not to look at it while youre in the plane. Same things UPS/Fed Ex people handle packages.. they just chuck them out with no regard.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
I landed a few hours ago...As i am watching them unload the bags, i spot my bag and just observe. A guy grabs it and throw it like it was a sac of cow poop. Alright, it is not a Louis Vuitton bag, but damn... Why do they mishandle bags so much? I know they've got keep things moving but still
They assume the bags are durable, and that there are no perishables in the bags. I got an indestructible suitcase that's made out of some kind of plastic with a little rubber in it, it feels like, so it's slightly flexible, but very durable. MUCH stronger than the fiberglass suitcases that used to be considered the gold standard, but that get bashed in easily, especially in the corners. I've never had a problem, and I'm able to really load it up, so that it's too heavy to throw, anyway. It has a combination lock on it, so I can use it as a safe when I travel.

But that's only for long-distance and long-duration travel. For shorter trips, I try to limit luggage to carry-on. And if it's a cloth-covered bag with a solid interior frame, and only has clothes in it, I don't care if they toss it around. The tossing won't hurt anything.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:19 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Try flying into Trenton, NJ airport, after you get over the tird world setup, they were moving that bag up the belt so fast, I was watching peoples bags fall off it and the wheels being busted and the young people working it, were just clueless that their stupidity was destroying peoples bags.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:23 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Quote:
<>A guy grabs it and throw it like it was a sac of cow poop<>
Like this? Maybe they work the line ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWGqhIbXh-I

Old 08-18-2017, 04:22 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashj007 View Post
like this? Maybe they work the line ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgqhibxh-i
lol !!!!

Old 08-19-2017, 04:40 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ScX1TjTF4

Old 08-21-2017, 01:49 AM

966 posts, read 1,344,424 times
think that is bad, you should see what they did to my toolbox, they bent the crap out of it, When I called the airline about it, they said they were not responsible, even though I watched the ramp rat do it. I asked if their mechanics fly with tools to repair their planes, they said yes, and I asked if their tools are treated like mine were ? I pointed out that I repair planes, and the plane I am there is fix is going to carry my fanny back home and I want my tools in perfect condition so I can do my job. I got a UP GRADED tool box from them...and 2 passes.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:12 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,038,399 times
Quote:
I'd be more concerned with what's happening to the contents of your bag in that situation, not the brand name!

Old 08-21-2017, 06:32 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
I saw a baggage handler wind up and sling one of those all-aluminum "Zero"-type cases like he was in the Olympic hammer-throw event.

One of my friends and I still get a laugh out of Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa's story of having been abducted by the
Washington, D.C., police and being thrown into the Potomac River "...like a sack of potatoes."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation