Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 02:04 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,538,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

The child was seated.
So then do they begin to taxi and risk the child getting up again further delaying the flight?

Old 03-22-2018, 02:04 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,828,260 times
Quote:

The child was seated.
The child wasn't seated until the plane started back. It's this simple: if the child isn't or refuses to sit in a seat as the plane is taxiing then she's at risk if something happens and guess who gets the blame for that? It's a safety issue.

No one rides in my car unless they have seat belts on. That includes my mother who hates putting a seat belt on. I not only had to warn her that I wasn't going anywhere unless she buckled up, I had to also get out of the car and walk back into the house because she didn't believe me. I also refused to drive her anywhere that day, even if she buckled up, because I was so tired of having this conversation with her. I wasn't risking a ticket and possible injury to her just because she didn't feel like she had to follow the rules.

Taxiing out and returning to the terminal isn't like turning a car around. It inconveniences the other passengers who might have connections to make and other flights that may be waiting to land or take off. No plane returns to the terminal just for the fun of it and there's a reason no second chances are given. The father had his chance to calm the child down and just didn't make it. At what point do you want to draw the line? The plane obviously can't sit on the runway waiting for a child to calm down. So they set a time limit and when that limit was reached, the plane turned back. Just because the child magically calmed down the second the plane started to taxi back doesn't cut ice. The airliner is not out there to play games with your kids.

I know today parents give kids chance after chance after chance after chance after chance. But in the real world where serious things happen, you get one chance and then your consequences arrive. Dad had his chance to calm his kid down and blew it. End of discussion.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:56 PM

20,830 posts, read 17,003,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
The child wasn't seated until the plane started back. It's this simple: if the child isn't or refuses to sit in a seat as the plane is taxiing then she's at risk if something happens and guess who gets the blame for that? It's a safety issue.

No one rides in my car unless they have seat belts on. That includes my mother who hates putting a seat belt on. I not only had to warn her that I wasn't going anywhere unless she buckled up, I had to also get out of the car and walk back into the house because she didn't believe me. I also refused to drive her anywhere that day, even if she buckled up, because I was so tired of having this conversation with her. I wasn't risking a ticket and possible injury to her just because she didn't feel like she had to follow the rules.

Taxiing out and returning to the terminal isn't like turning a car around. It inconveniences the other passengers who might have connections to make and other flights that may be waiting to land or take off. No plane returns to the terminal just for the fun of it and there's a reason no second chances are given. The father had his chance to calm the child down and just didn't make it. At what point do you want to draw the line? The plane obviously can't sit on the runway waiting for a child to calm down. So they set a time limit and when that limit was reached, the plane turned back. Just because the child magically calmed down the second the plane started to taxi back doesn't cut ice. The airliner is not out there to play games with your kids.

I know today parents give kids chance after chance after chance after chance after chance. But in the real world where serious things happen, you get one chance and then your consequences arrive. Dad had his chance to calm his kid down and blew it. End of discussion.
A crying child stops a plane from flying. No wonder Trump won.

The flight attendants escalated this situation.

Everyone take their seat. Some one is crying. BFD.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:12 PM

51,582 posts, read 25,570,349 times
All passengers are to be seated with seatbelt fastened while the plane is taxiing out to the runway.

Makes no difference what age they are, how scare they are, or if they eventually get it together, those are the rules.

It is unfortunate that the parents could not get the child to do this, but that's how it goes.

I keep reading the word "unruly." So perhaps there was more to it than not sitting.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
A crying child stops a plane from flying. No wonder Trump won.

The flight attendants escalated this situation.

Everyone take their seat. Some one is crying. BFD.
None of this post makes sense.

What does this have to do with Trump winning? No Russians were involved.

The FA handled it just fine. Kid wouldn't sit and buckle up. Kid don't fly. Seems pretty straightforward.

It wasn't the crying, though that can be annoying as hell. It was that she wouldn't sit down and buckle up and parents didn't insist she do so.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:22 PM

All these stories about unruly kids on planes sort of mystifies me. We traveled all over he place with our kids. Never had any problems like this nor did we see anyone else's kids having problems.

Now, it seems to be happening on a regular basis.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
None of this post makes sense.

What does this have to do with Trump winning? No Russians were involved.

The FA handled it just fine. Kid wouldn't sit and buckle up. Kid don't fly. Seems pretty straightforward.

It wasn't the crying, though that can be annoying as hell. It was that she wouldn't sit down and buckle up and parents didn't insist she do so.
I doubt that you really actually know anything.

Trump won because adults couldn't be adults and the adults in the room got tired of it....I would have thought most... even you could have figured this out.....by now.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
All these stories about unruly kids on planes sort of mystifies me. We traveled all over he place with our kids. Never had any problems like this nor did we see anyone else's kids having problems.

Now, it seems to be happening on a regular basis.
I have rarely been on a full airliner where there is not a screaming child. The pressurization hurts their ears and they cry. That is why. Now, you kick them off a fully loaded plane making everyone late.

Solution? Blame the kid. Call the gendarmes on the parents. No wonder Trump got elected.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,784,505 times
It is not SWA, it is the imbeciles that constitute some in the "general public" you know the 10% you find anywhere and everywhere. PS... if you think they are bad, try one of the other majors. We have an oligopoly airlines industry in the good 'ol USA, which exacerbates the issue. On the other hand, Southeast Asia and Europe actually have real competition and real lower fares available.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:50 PM

Trust me. It's SWA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation