Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 12:06 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times

Advertisements

These 4 Delta pilots are finding out the hard way........a possible 5 YEARS prison time AND $250,000 fine.....yikes

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/pr...lse-statements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 07:19 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
I have a zero disability rating from the VA, so I never have to worry about something like this.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:53 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,848,998 times
Why would anyone lie on an official piece of paper in the first place?

What else will they later lie about?

Old 04-04-2019, 08:48 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
I'm confused. Were they scamming the VA?

Old 04-04-2019, 09:31 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
I spent 6mos in Kuwait at a place dubbed "Camp Cupcake". Upon return i attended a "Yellow Ribbon" event with other military members, some from my unit who got shipped elsewhere. (Gitmo, Florida, Germany and some genuine hairy places in the middle East). At this event one speaker was from the VA. They talked about disability, ptsd, injuries,etc. Everyone had a form in their packet of material. We were encouraged to fill it out and one co-worker who was an admin-type who wasn't in a hazardous duty location said she was getting her disability, sho nuff! It was as if anyonewas entitled to 5% just for being there. I had a medical person ask if I'd gotten any injuries at all. I bumped my head when I fell on the racket ball court but that was about it. No way was I going to scam disability. That stuff comes back to bite you eventually. Case in point... these 3 knuckleheads.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:23 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Why would anyone lie on an official piece of paper in the first place?

What else will they later lie about?
Where an FAA medical certificate is concerned, some medical conditions can disqualify you from flying as pilot-in-command. By admitting that you've been treated for depressive disorders or PTSD, the FAA medical branch would likely require extra tests and medical opinions before granting the certificate. And even then they might review the case and deny the certificate. Once that happens you can no longer fly (as PIC anyway) and if you earn a living as a pilot you would need to change careers. Since there are pretty significant consequences to telling the FAA of a disqualifying condition, some pilots will lie on the official application for a medical.

From the article, we can't really tell if they were trying to scam the VA or trying to hide a real condition from the FAA. But regardless, they got caught. And I think the end result is going to be far worse than a career change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation