Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 09:38 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,342,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
From a 6'5" person here, thank you Delta.

Of course the "world revolves around me" people are going to gripe about this move because, you know, the passenger behind you should be uncomfortable because YOU want to be slightly more relaxed.
I don't fly Delta but this post is a bit strange to me. Delta, just like other airlines, have always provided options that are more comfortable for taller people. As a tall guy myself, I've never had issues with people reclining in these other options.

I don't see why everyone would have to suffer just because a few of us are tall. There's more than plenty of premium seats to accommodate us.

That being said, Delta is free to do whatever they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 10:11 PM

24,173 posts, read 9,104,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
Years ago, I flew from LAX to LHR on United. As soon as we took off, the person in front of me put his seat in full recline. I had the seat back pretty much in my chest for the entire 11 1/2 hour flight. Honestly, I wish that seats didn't recline at all.
Agreed. In theory reclining is fine, in reality people have abused it and reclined too much.

I prefer a small recline to help my lower back support but I never recline all the way as a courtesy to the person behind me.

I understand folks want to feel relaxed, but in economy, there is simply no room for a full recline without annoying the person behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Many airlines are moving away from the seatback screens and asking people to use their own devices.
Yup, unless you’re on an international or cross crountry flight, don’t expect seatback screens anymore.

To be fair, personal electronic devices are far superior to seatback screens anyway. It’s just a matter of having the proper accessories so the device leans on something as not strain your neck from looking down.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:36 AM

18,082 posts, read 18,681,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
How about going back to 32-34inch seat pitch they had on these same planes for decades. 30 inch pitch is inhumane and then charge people to pay to sit in Economy comfort to sit in 34" pitch seats.

The whole industry will be Spirit and Froniter type seats soon. Zero recline and sitting on a padded piece of plastic
This...

Old 04-20-2019, 10:02 AM

5,373 posts, read 3,391,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
How about going back to 32-34inch seat pitch they had on these same planes for decades.....
Airlines will not add more seat pitch nor reduce the number of seats. Travelers decided they want the cheapest fare, they will usually pick the lowest cost flight even if that flight is only $5-$10 less. Most customers have no brand loyalty anymore, why would the airlines add more comfort today when they are making a lot of money. When the economy gets worse again and the airlines start to see less money coming in, they might make some customer friendly moves, but until then, buy the better seat or be uncomfortable!

Old 04-23-2019, 10:08 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,065,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
I don't fly Delta but this post is a bit strange to me. Delta, just like other airlines, have always provided options that are more comfortable for taller people. As a tall guy myself, I've never had issues with people reclining in these other options.

I don't see why everyone would have to suffer just because a few of us are tall. There's more than plenty of premium seats to accommodate us.

That being said, Delta is free to do whatever they want.
LOL everyone is going to suffer because they can't recline their seat as much??

It's not just tall people I know who have had problems with obnoxious seat reclining. I find your post odd thinking that being considerate of the person behind you is a problem.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM

15,395 posts, read 25,638,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed. In theory reclining is fine, in reality people have abused it and reclined too much.
The customers did not abuse anything. The greedy airlines decided to make distance between the seats such that you would blame the wrong people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation