Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 07:50 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Nick Cordero and many of the other "young and health" who died from COVID wishes this were true........
He got it in the beginning when not much was known. My opinion is that he may have had some sort of immune disorder he didn't know about.

I've seen video of him acting and dancing. He appeared in excellent shape. He could have had a freak mutation in a gene that made him more susceptible then others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 07:54 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Your post is full of false information. People who die have a death certificate filled out by a physician. To believe that most of these people died of something else, but with covid in their system is to believe that there is a conspiracy of physicians to falsely list the cause of death on death certificates. That simply is not the case. Almost everyone who dies has a "co-morbidity" or factor contributing to their death. Its like saying something like "the man died of being too fat, but a heart attack contributed to it". In fact, the cause of death was a heart attack regardless of the man's dietary habits.

The average age of death in the USA may be 78.6, but Covid 19 has become the third leading cause of death in this country. The two leading causes of death are heart disease and cancer. For something to come out of nowhere and become the third leading cause of death in a matter of months, tells you how serious this disease really is.

Many of us--including myself--are not under fifty. I'm 61 and my wife is 60. She has one of those awful co-morbidities you speak of. She has insulin dependent diabetes. As such, she has a much greater risk of dying from Covid than others do despite having taken excellent care of herself.

Our country has not overreacted to Covid 19 and the best evidence of this is that we have about 20% of all deaths from Covid, but only about 7% of the population of this world. Quite the contrary, many states have made little to no effort to control the disease.

I am worried about being deathly sick from Covid and while worrying does not help, intelligent people should be concerned enough about it to wear masks in public and to socially distance.

Frankly, I view posts like yours as a disservice and even dangerous.
My post is not misleading at all, it may not be comfortable reading but it is very honest.

Whilst Covid increased deaths dramatically for a few months I have never seen anything to show it is or was the 3rd cause of deaths in the US or anywhere else ?

Deaths however are now down to normal levels for the time of year despite the continued hysteria, sadly many of those first to die back in April and May were already at at the end of their lives, Covid purely hastened their demise, sad but true.

Getting real data is very difficult especially when the US doesn't release full weekly or monthly data.

The UK is probably the best at keeping a proper track of data and is a much better barometer on facts than media sources, if you take a look at the Office of national statistics here, you can see the deaths and causes on a weekly basis.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

You will see that the deaths in the UK started increasing from the 3rd of April and then after a dramatic increase in deaths during April and May the deaths dropped down to pretty much normal on the 29th of May and except for the odd week there have been no real excess deaths since, I would be confident that this trend is mirrored around the world.

It is well known now that Drs have been stating the cause of death was Covid even if the patient dies of cancer or heart disease, traffic accident etc, various governments started instructing Drs to include Covid on death certificates around March time if the patients had or in some cases could have had Covid, after complaints from Drs in the UK at least who called this unethical they were later told to add Covid further down the certificate as a contributing factor.

If you or your wife have co-morbidities then you are right to want to be extra cautious but making every healthy person follow the same precautions is not the right way to move forward.

Today more and more Drs are speaking up and also agree that a targeted approach of protecting the vulnerable such as you and your wife is the right strategy whilst letting life go on for those who really have nothing to fear but fear itself.

This project is gaining ground with Doctors and scientists around the world and is definitely the approach I support.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Quote:
As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:24 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
He got it in the beginning when not much was known. My opinion is that he may have had some sort of immune disorder he didn't know about.

I've seen video of him acting and dancing. He appeared in excellent shape. He could have had a freak mutation in a gene that made him more susceptible then others
I agree. I think people who get it now, have a much better chance of survival. Unfortunately for those who got it when it first started appearing in March, we just didn't know enough at that time so unfortunately there was a higher risk of mortality.

I still would not want to risk catching it now, but again, just based on knowledge of how to treat it, I think people have an infinitely higher risk of survival today as compared to when it first appeared.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:14 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
My post is not misleading at all, it may not be comfortable reading but it is very honest.

Whilst Covid increased deaths dramatically for a few months I have never seen anything to show it is or was the 3rd cause of deaths in the US or anywhere else ?

Deaths however are now down to normal levels for the time of year despite the continued hysteria, sadly many of those first to die back in April and May were already at at the end of their lives, Covid purely hastened their demise, sad but true.

Getting real data is very difficult especially when the US doesn't release full weekly or monthly data.

The UK is probably the best at keeping a proper track of data and is a much better barometer on facts than media sources, if you take a look at the Office of national statistics here, you can see the deaths and causes on a weekly basis.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

You will see that the deaths in the UK started increasing from the 3rd of April and then after a dramatic increase in deaths during April and May the deaths dropped down to pretty much normal on the 29th of May and except for the odd week there have been no real excess deaths since, I would be confident that this trend is mirrored around the world.

It is well known now that Drs have been stating the cause of death was Covid even if the patient dies of cancer or heart disease, traffic accident etc, various governments started instructing Drs to include Covid on death certificates around March time if the patients had or in some cases could have had Covid, after complaints from Drs in the UK at least who called this unethical they were later told to add Covid further down the certificate as a contributing factor.

If you or your wife have co-morbidities then you are right to want to be extra cautious but making every healthy person follow the same precautions is not the right way to move forward.

Today more and more Drs are speaking up and also agree that a targeted approach of protecting the vulnerable such as you and your wife is the right strategy whilst letting life go on for those who really have nothing to fear but fear itself.

This project is gaining ground with Doctors and scientists around the world and is definitely the approach I support.

https://gbdeclaration.org/
Third leading cause of death.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...eath-in-the-us

Old 10-07-2020, 10:39 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I agree. I think people who get it now, have a much better chance of survival. Unfortunately for those who got it when it first started appearing in March, we just didn't know enough at that time so unfortunately there was a higher risk of mortality.

I still would not want to risk catching it now, but again, just based on knowledge of how to treat it, I think people have an infinitely higher risk of survival today as compared to when it first appeared.
I don't want it either. I've been checking my blood oxygen levels a few days after I go out because I have a bad immune system. I've been having lung issues the last few days, yesterday it was in the high 90's so I'm good. Hopefully what I'm getting is upper respiratory and not lower like COVID. I rarely go out but was helping my daughter with a few living room tables from a friends house. I did have a mask on but I forgot to also disinfect my hands when I got back in my car because I was fully loaded

Old 10-07-2020, 12:57 PM

1,129 posts, read 470,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I’d love that to have more meat on the bones with actual data to back up the statement.

I’d also like to know why he thought that
Quote:
"Last week, Americans were eight times more likely to get killed by COVID than were Europeans," he said.
At its peak in April Covid was killing more people a day than cancer but today more people are dying of accidents https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-09...lA4/index.html

Unless you are American......

Old 10-07-2020, 03:10 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Well, if the Democrats would stop screwing around, wanting to add totally non-Covid related things to the bill, and just stick with airline help (very much needed) and small business help (also very much needed), the airlines would be OK, at least for a while.

Old 10-07-2020, 03:23 PM

813 posts, read 402,457 times
I normally fly for leisure about 4 times a year. Family members usually fly in a few times. I don't plan on boarding a plane until maybe 2022. I get the flu shot every year but don't have any interest in a COVID-19 vaccine until those who get it first report side effects. I will not be a guinea pig. Furthermore, all family visits are on hold.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:24 AM

6,432 posts, read 3,137,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I have a friend who used to be a flight attendant for a regional airline. It was her lifelong dream, and for the five years or so that she served in that role, she was deliriously happy. Her airline folded in the spring and she hasn't been able to find work since then.

I feel for my friend, and for the many other airline employees who are losing their jobs. But we simply cannot bail out the airlines indefinitely. It makes no financial sense to run an industry at constant levels when they've lost two-thirds of their patronage. They need to be cut back. It's just that simple. Yes, there is a dire human cost. But whatever the answer is to that problem, it's not to keep on propping up their industry for ever and ever.
Well stated.

But something else to consider, on election day, is that "Shut it down Joe" has already promised to shut the country down AGAIN, while chasing the elusive solution to the Covid crisis. If you think that things are difficult now, just imagine what another shut down would do to the economy....Not only would the airlines be destroyed, but the entire "entertainment" (bars and restaurants) industry, which is also currently on life support, would be gone, as well as the remaining "brick and mortar" stores. And that's just the effects for those of us who might have some money left, after the entire economy "tanks". For everyone else, it will be 1929, all over again. People in my age group would most likely NEVER live long enough to see prosperity again.

Life, as we've known it for the last 100 years, would be gone forever. Are YOU ready to try and adapt to that??

Old 10-08-2020, 07:47 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Well, if the Democrats would stop screwing around, wanting to add totally non-Covid related things to the bill, and just stick with airline help (very much needed) and small business help (also very much needed), the airlines would be OK, at least for a while.
There is no reason why airlines or their employees deserve preferential treatment over any other group affected by the coronavirus.

I could not and would not support a special bill that merely targets relief to the airlines.

Do you value the services your local police and fire department provide? Much of the "screwing around" you are complaining about is an attempt by democrats to provide money to cities starved for tax revenue--as a result of the crisis--who are having trouble affording paying for essential services. Quite frankly, police protection is far more important to me than how soon I get to fly again.

If all the airlines in this country failed, when this crisis is over than new companies would emerge, buy up airliners, hire pilots and the industry would rebuild itself over a few years. Worse things could happen than the major airlines failing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation