Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 07:16 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,926,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
How is this related to the aviation topic and Delta airlines? This thread is now similar to the other 200+ covid threads. Psychology forum even has a covid thread.
Well, Delta Air and Delta variant. Sounds pretty related to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 07:20 PM

10,890 posts, read 7,376,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
I thought HIPAA prevented employers from knowing medical histories of employees.

The whole vax demand is fear on the part of the Covidictors.

Right now we can't count on anything science says as recommendations on what to do, because science keeps getting it wrong.

They promised us that the whole thing would be over before the 2020 election. BROKEN!
They promised us that masking would slow the spread until the virus was gone. BROKEN!
They promised us that if we got the vaccines, we could abandon the masks. BROKEN!
They promised us that the vaccine would keep us from getting the virus. BROKEN!

Democrats want to keep the panicdemic going so they can boss people around more.
They are using fear to coerce us.
IF everybody had worn masks and gotten vaccinated, there wouldn't be any variants, and we COULD stop wearing masks, and get back to life. But a bunch of selfish people refused and THEY kept the pandemic going. Science isn't to blame...stupidity is.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:50 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Then Delta union leadership is asleep at the wheel. Already in Oregon, fire and police unions have filed lawsuits for mandatory vaccinations. Remember that 25% of Deltas employees are unvaccinated, which is roughly 20,000 employees. Delta taking a big chance here.

And to think vaccinations are the panacea, every Caribbean country requires all visitors, vax or not, to be covid tested multiple times. https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/c...-19/index.html
I suspect Delta would win that lawsuit. Its a question of public health and safety.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:01 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
IF everybody had worn masks and gotten vaccinated, there wouldn't be any variants, and we COULD stop wearing masks, and get back to life. But a bunch of selfish people refused and THEY kept the pandemic going. Science isn't to blame...stupidity is.
Not really. In fact there's a school of thought that these excessive measures suppressed herd immunity, not enhanced it.

Israel is 80 or 90% immunized and they're seeing a big outbreak again, including among vaccinated people.

Look up the Great Barrington report by some eminent doctors and scientists who challenged the Fauci orthodoxy (and were highly criticized, even threatened, petitions to get them fired, canceled from social media etc.).

Everything is politicized these days including the virus.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:39 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Great Barrington Report is a political document. In the end, restrictions are warranted since medical resources are limited. In an unlimited resource model, you can allow as many hospital beds and deaths to occur as you like. Welcome to the real world.

Israel inoculated the hospital workers and elderly first in Israel. By March, the fully vaccinated rate was 54% and now it's 60%. So fully 90% of the vaccinated are now 6 months past and have lost significant protection if they're immunocompromised or over the age of 40. They've started their booster program and the 7-day average of cases has already dropped 10 percent.

Employers are under the OSHA laws and regulations where they have to provide a safe working environment for workers. They are already dropping free time off for the unvaccinated who have to miss work. A Covid illness or quarantine will use up all the sick leave for these workers with one incident. It makes economic sense to make sure people miss as little time as possible, especially since they can spread it other workers.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:36 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,702,692 times
Qantas Pilot Speaks Out About Vaccine Mandate

^^^ The above is the original post by the pilot himself (I think). (in case the following youtube video gets taken down)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066Ut5Ojujs

Last edited by snowmountains; 09-08-2021 at 11:46 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 09:58 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post

^^^ The above is the original post by the pilot himself (I think). (in case the following youtube video gets taken down)
Can you summarize what he's saying? I really don't want to watch a 26 minute video. Thanks!

Old 09-09-2021, 10:26 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Just do a search on Qantas pilot speaks out. It is not news, but there are dozens of links to it on anti-vaccine sites.

He has a few more months to comply with his employer.

news

The airline says more than three-quarters of its staff have already had at least one shot, with 60 per cent fully vaccinated

Old 09-09-2021, 01:01 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,702,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Can you summarize what he's saying? I really don't want to watch a 26 minute video. Thanks!
That would not convey the juicy "flavor". He's got some personality. But you can get some idea from the comments under the video in the following link:

Quote:

Old 09-09-2021, 04:49 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
That would not convey the juicy "flavor". He's got some personality. But you can get some idea from the comments under the video in the following link:
I picked up on the fact he has some personal problems. Among them were addiction and the fact that he has managed his money so poorly he cannot think about retirement when he is obviously retirement age.

What does that have to do with not taking a vaccine? I'm not sure. It does suggest to me he does not think and act rationally. It offers me an explanation for his opposition to the Covid vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation