Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 07:41 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,149,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Unvaccinated people are clogging up hospital emergency rooms. They are endangering those of us who are vaccinated should we have a heart attack, a stroke, or become injured in a car accident. Our bed may be taken by some crackpot who swallowed the purple koolaid and did not vaccinate.

I look at flying as a way to incentivize getting a vaccine. You don't have one? I'd say don't let the individual fly until he gets one--barring some sort of valid medical exemption.
Tens of millions of "unvaccinated people" are not clogging up hospital emergency rooms.
I speak on behalf of the large segment of the population who have natural immunity because they've already had the virus. So, one size does not fit all.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-v...dc-11632151556

Old 09-20-2021, 08:52 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I think you are wrong that "most airlines passengers are not vaccinated". Seventy-five percent of all adults have had at least one vaccine here in the USA. Europe had a slow start, but now the vaccination rates in the EU countries are greater than in the United States.

I personally don't want anyone who is not vaccinated sitting in an airplane with me while I fly.
You realize that around 100 million citizens have naturally acquired antibodies that male them many times less likely to get cv, right? And that vaxed can catch and spread cv...

Old 09-20-2021, 08:55 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
Look at the fully vaccinated cruises and see how well that worked out, lol. The vaxed are spreading cv, often with such mild symptoms they don't even know enough to stay home. Plus they are taking a " leaky" vaccine that causes variants as the virus "works around" and mutates.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:23 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Of course I knew that this was going to turn into a vaccines don’t work garbage thread stay on topic about the motivation of the airlines

Old 09-21-2021, 04:53 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,182,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
So you want me to take the same vaccine that you took, that didn't give you enough confidence to be on a plane with someone who didn't take it?

Why on earth would I risk a serious adverse event for something so subpar that even you don't feel protected having it?

Now, even though I don't take other vaccines, since I understand how serious covid actually is; if you would have said "Personally, since I'm vaccinated; I don't care who else is on a plane with me." ... I might seriously consider getting it.

But your lack of confidence in it enhances what I already know. Every time I see a comment like this:

... From a vaccinated person; it strengthens my decision to not be vaccinated. There's probably a lot of people who think the way I do, so maybe if the vaccinated really want more people to get vaccinated, they should at least pretend like they believe the benefits of the vaccines outweigh the risks.
There is some medical truth to the vaccinated wanting the rest of the people are being vaccinated too.

With the original virus roaming it was shown by Pfizer vaccine clinical trials that around 200 people need to be vaccinated in order to prevent 1 case of COVID

As we know now the real efficacy of Pfizer vaccines has dropped - however more virus is circulating with Delta variant.
So not sure if anyone is counting so called number need to vaccinate- NNV - an additional measure of vaccine efficacy

Old 09-21-2021, 07:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Who on this broad Earth would think a USA airline would arbitrarily implement a vaccine mandate for passengers?. There are a hundred reasons (and more) why this wouldn't / shouldn't work.

Quick tests at the gate might be a good idea, if the USA was as medically advanced as some countries who have been doing this for over a year.

In the USA... Free-dumbs will be the crybabies who will keep us(A) stuck with Covid for unnecessary years and countless more deaths. And remain quarantined as the laughingstock of the 'non-traveling' world.

Sequestered as a society, due to the privileged (and misinformed) few.
My granddaughter flew out of DFW to Germany in June 2021 and did a quick test in the airport near her gate.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:23 AM

5,715 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My granddaughter flew out of DFW to Germany in June 2021 and did a quick test in the airport near her gate.
Delta has been doing it at the Atlanta airport since last year.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:14 AM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Who on this broad Earth would think a USA airline would arbitrarily implement a vaccine mandate for passengers?. There are a hundred reasons (and more) why this wouldn't / shouldn't work.

Quick tests at the gate might be a good idea, if the USA was as medically advanced as some countries who have been doing this for over a year.

In the USA... Free-dumbs will be the crybabies who will keep us(A) stuck with Covid for unnecessary years and countless more deaths. And remain quarantined as the laughingstock of the 'non-traveling' world.

Sequestered as a society, due to the privileged (and misinformed) few.
Well, we make those tests here...so the whole "we're behind the rest of the world" falls flat in this case.

The short answer is probably that its simply a logistical impossibility, and that the airlines don't want to put their people in charge of making those decisions.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:53 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Either the vaccines work, or they don't. If they work, then you are protected against the potential germs of an unvaccinated seatmate. If they don't, then it doesn't matter if you, or your seatmate, are vaccinated or not.
Percentages. It's a thing.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:34 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,688 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Well, we make those tests here...so the whole "we're behind the rest of the world" falls flat in this case.

The short answer is probably that its simply a logistical impossibility, and that the airlines don't want to put their people in charge of making those decisions.
The tests first distributed by CDC did not work.

S Korea offered the USA $4 tests, but NO... "we can do it ourselves" , ($240 / test), so... I've spent thousands of dollars on USA tests ...

Minor detail.

Re: Airline motivation...
#1, they need to fly. Operationally a very expensive business to run daily!
#2, they should fly. (Important infrastructure to business and economy)
#3, vaccines are only one of many tools to fight Covid.
#4, not everyone will have a vaccine, ever!
#5, there are other additional tools which are effective and should be utilized.
#6, USA populace should 'Grow up' and collectively and intelligently pursue effective solutions to Covid and future pandemics, rather than be a society that sustains a barrier to the world's recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation