Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:04 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,598,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredperry View Post
We used to live in Baltimore but had to keep moving and moving each time the neighborhoods got worse and crime increased. Finally we moved out of Maryland and are VERY happy. I would tell anyone do not move to Baltimore. Just like living in Detroit. HELL
In Baltimore or Westminster? You probably know Baltimore as well as Detroit too? Utah? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
I wouldn't compare Baltimore to Detroit. Ever. I'm pretty sure this is a troll post but I'm gonna bite anyway. Yeah Baltimore has drug issues but it no where near as bad of a place like Detroit. I don't know where you lived before Baltimore, while you were in Baltimore, or where you decided to move to after Baltimore but I'm pretty sure you are exaggerating. You shouldn't put blanket statements on whole cities.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 PM

239 posts, read 759,780 times
I've lived in both cities (actual city, not a burb), and Detroit is way, way worse.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 PM

8 posts, read 43,897 times
Baltimore is just fine for living! The ghetto still scares me, but thats not just in Baltimore!! There are great areas here. I live downtown. You see and find what you are looking for. Don't be involved in illegal behaviors, be smart, don't be out in dark places at night and you will have a fine experience! Baltimoreans are GREAT people, rich or poor. Yes, there are problems (you can find that anywhere you go in the world) but look for the good in life and you will find it! Help your communities & be part of a solution, make your city a better place wherever you may go. Don't be a part of negativity, it can drag anyone down even in the best of situations.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 AM

24 posts, read 108,749 times
Well we finally moved to Tampa, Florida and just love it and do not miss Baltimore.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredperry View Post
Well we finally moved to Tampa, Florida and just love it and do not miss Baltimore.
Congratz!Good luck on your stay there!

I'm planning to move down to Fort Lauderdale(hopefully), we got about two more months of saving and we will hopefully be able to buy a condo, or pay up a few months of rent.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,941 times
Detroit - Baltimore - Miami or Odessa, Ukraine. I believe these cities and others like them all share the same traits - there is good and bad in every one - it is what you choose to see, your expectations and by what circumstances you place your self in at any given time. I am from Detroit, been to Baltimore, found myself staggering at 4am in Miami and Odessa and never encountered a problem by keeping to myself and not showing fear. Of course, I kept my mouth shut, eyes fixed straight ahead and remained cordial to people I did encounter. Like Baltimore, Detroit also has an amazing night life blended in areas of plight. Treat people with respect no matter who they are and most likely the same will be reciprocated.

Last edited by paully; 04-23-2011 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: errors in syntax

Old 04-24-2011, 07:42 AM

84 posts, read 276,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmke View Post
Baltimore is just fine for living! The ghetto still scares me, but thats not just in Baltimore!! There are great areas here. I live downtown. You see and find what you are looking for. Don't be involved in illegal behaviors, be smart, don't be out in dark places at night and you will have a fine experience! Baltimoreans are GREAT people, rich or poor. Yes, there are problems (you can find that anywhere you go in the world) but look for the good in life and you will find it! Help your communities & be part of a solution, make your city a better place wherever you may go. Don't be a part of negativity, it can drag anyone down even in the best of situations.
Exactly, and don't wait for a bus downtown by the arena either! You could get killed. Just be smart.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlmr View Post
Exactly, and don't wait for a bus downtown by the arena either! You could get killed. Just be smart.
yeah killed by druggie BODY ODOR ITS DEADLY LOL

Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,768 times
Please. The arena is fine. Full of heroin addicts, but fine. Baltimore's rules are basically don't sell drugs, don't try to take over drug territory, and don't leave **** in your car. This is the rule of good Baltimore living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore