Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM

115 posts, read 276,963 times

Advertisements

I'm flying up in a few weeks for a ballgame. I was looking for some recommendations on hotels and if they're in good/safe areas. I'm looking for something in the Inner Harbor area close to Camden Yards in a $150/night price range. I found a Hilton Garden Inn that's on S President St. Is that a good area? I'll be walking the entire time, so that's why I'm asking about the neighborhood.

any feedback is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,508,240 times
I've never stayed in any of the downtown hotels but that's a good area. You are right in the thick of the inner harbor/harbor east/Little Italy areas. Easily walkable to everything you need, plus try the new and free Charm City Circulator to get around and see the city.

My in-laws really like Brookshire Suites on E. Lombard Street. I joined them for continental breakfast once, which is served on the top floor overlooking the harbor, kind of neat. As a baseball fan you might like the Babe Ruth museum as well. It's a few blocks from the stadium.

Enjoy!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 PM

181 posts, read 633,417 times
I recommend the Sheraton Inner Harbor: it's right by the ball park, and an easy walk to the inner harbor and Federal Hill. President Street is a much longer walk. I've been in there several times and a few of my executive clients have stayed there. Don't know about the room rates, though.
Hope you have a good time here.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM

248 posts, read 451,663 times
I would also recommend the Sheraton. It's very close to the ball park and a great hotel. The President Street hotel is a little hike from the ball park and depending on the time of your game it could be quite late on the walk back and it's ridiculous to find a cab after a ballgame. Little Italy, with it's wonderful restaurants is definitely worth a visit but take care because it does border a rough section of town. The steakhouse at the Sheraton, Morton's is very good too.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,572,287 times
Doing priceline or hotwire for a 4 star inner harbor hotel is often your best bet. All of the properties are pretty nice and well located. The only major drawback to priceline is you can't always pick what type of room (king, queen, or double) that you get if having two beds matters.

I saved a lot of money using priceline the few times I had to visit Baltimore before we moved here.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM

8 posts, read 14,418 times
i would go with your original choice of the hilton garden inn. I stayed there and it was really nice. The staff is great and they even have extra touches like the best chocolate cookies in the lobby at night for free. Starbucks is right next door. Also you can easily walk to the inner harbor. If you walk around the block you will find lots of resturants and even a whole foods supermarket.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 PM

717 posts, read 1,057,621 times
Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites is a great choice. I stayed there last October on my first ever visit to Baltimore, and I loved the Harbor East area. The James Joyce Pub (right across the street from the hotel) was awesome, and there is a CVS, a movie theatre, and a grocery store pretty much right outside the door. It's a bit of a walk to the ballpark, but its a pretty and safe walk.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:55 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,805,637 times
Enjoy Baltimore. Two things you should not miss: the Water Taxi that shuttles you to various destinations around the harbor; and the American Visionary Arts Museum,

Old 08-04-2010, 01:11 PM

19 posts, read 58,459 times
I would stay at the hilton, its right there near the ball park and a short walk or like said above the Sheraton on the inner harbor. both are very nice and even if you cant walk to where you want togo are always taxi's at the hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore