U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2010, 01:48 PM

10 posts, read 11,380 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know well about these areas???
Especially houses on Tyson st. are reallly really small and I think they are some what over-priced. I'm interested in purchasing a home in one of these area.
Please advise!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM

4,178 posts, read 9,174,002 times
One of the nicest blocks in Baltimore is Tyson Street off of Read. It's a great block with a lot of character. I always wanted to own a home on that block. Mind telling which home is for sale?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM

Actually there are three on sale and they are all in 800 block.
I have been to two of them but they are really really really small.
I think I need to make one room into a closet...

Last edited by rokaw2000; 10-29-2010 at 04:25 PM..

Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,020,040 times
I love Ednor Gardens. Bigger, newer rowhomes than in the other areas you mentioned.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokaw2000 View Post
Actually there are three on sale and they are all in 800 block.
I have been to two of them but they are really really really small.
I think I need to make one room into a closet...
Yep. Curiosity got the best of me and I looked them up. None of them are on the block I want. I do think that one with the private yard is a keeper though. The steep stairs on the other one is a turn off: dogs would have a difficult time making it up them.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Default @ jonjj

Which one is the keeper?
All of them have a very small back yard I believe.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 PM

What about between 36th and Ellerslie ave?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 PM

1,958 posts, read 4,248,024 times
Default Comparison shopping

Tyson Street was one of Baltimore's early restoration areas, a funky block that ended with the city's only well-known gay bar (Leon's, may have changed its name). With The Brexton having been redone, the area is improving. It's convenient, with Metro and light-rail stops within walking distance. UB, Meyerhoff, MICA nearby. Tons of restaurants plus City Cafe, a great meeting place regardless of your preference.
Barre Circle has old rowhouse and new, overpriced "townhouses." Good if you need to commute to the D.C. Beltway area or have a job at the University of Maryland professional schools downtown. Rough around the edges.
Ednor Gardens/Lakeside. If there were any justice in the world, this would be one of the most desirable residential areas. Affordble. Absolutely stunning at azalea time, A 10-minute car commute mostly along one street to the Johns Hopkins Medical institutions in East Baltimore. Ditto for JHU Homewod.
In summary, each is a good choice. It's up to you. You have to determine where you want to live and what your tolerance level is.
In terms of food shopping, you will need a car in each instance. Ednor Gardens has more choices of supermarkets within a 10-minute drive, although the new Harris Tweeter in Locust Point, combined with Shoppers, may improve Barre Circle's situation.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:12 PM

Choices, choices... I guess I'll seriously consider between Mt.Vernon and Ednor Gardens..
Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokaw2000 View Post
Which one is the keeper?
All of them have a very small back yard I believe.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I liked the privacy of the back courtyard for this one. Also, the fireplaces seemed cool. My dogs would have a problem with the spiral staircase though.

Shopping for groceries is within close distance for Tyson Street. There is the SuperFresh on Charles along with Lexington Market plus the Eddies of Mt. Vernon. So having a car would be unnecessary.

Last edited by Yac; 02-07-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore