U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM

4 posts, read 11,547 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I posted a little while back about driving into my job that I have at Kennedy Kreiger. I was told however it might be easier to take the subway or a combo of subway and light rail. If anyone knows anything about the subway stops most accessible to Catonsville (off Frederick Road) of ideas for commuting in using public transit I would appreciate the suggestions. I don't want to bus though due to it being late/unpredictable. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM

4 posts, read 11,547 times
It's not that I'm uncomfortable taking buses I took them all the time in the city I used to live in and from that I know that timing is unpredictable and I don't want to always have to worry about being late/also I cannot walk to a bus stop from my apartment so either way I have to drive somewhere. Thank you for your response though. Would you say the Milford Mill stop has parking available?

Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,882,743 times
Milford Mill isn't that close to Catonsville. You'd need to navigate the beltway during morning rush hour.

I can't speak of the bus schedule but my bet that driving is the most direct route and the least time-consuming. Edmondson Avenue to 40 through Mount Vernon will take you to Hopkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams186 View Post
It's not that I'm uncomfortable taking buses I took them all the time in the city I used to live in and from that I know that timing is unpredictable and I don't want to always have to worry about being late/also I cannot walk to a bus stop from my apartment so either way I have to drive somewhere. Thank you for your response though. Would you say the Milford Mill stop has parking available?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM

26,847 posts, read 57,851,863 times
Depends on time of day.

Once upon a time a certain Hopkins nurse I knew could zip down through the city easily for 7AM shifts.
It wouldn't work as well with a later arrival time.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM

10 posts, read 50,467 times
I think driving would be the way to go. We live in Catonsville off Frederick rd and when I looked into public transportation for a possible job into the city it was horrible. Buses were the only thing I could find and it would take 3 times as long. I can zip into downtown Baltimore in 15 minutes without traffic via car. This was a big shock for me coming from Denver were the lightrail/bus system is great!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,108,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennbug View Post
I think driving would be the way to go. We live in Catonsville off Frederick rd and when I looked into public transportation for a possible job into the city it was horrible. Buses were the only thing I could find and it would take 3 times as long. I can zip into downtown Baltimore in 15 minutes without traffic via car. This was a big shock for me coming from Denver were the lightrail/bus system is great!
not if you use #150!!!! you were using a local bus the trick is to AVOID local buses or use em to get to FAST ONES LIKE QB40 AND X150. I used 150 we were going faster than cars on that thing!!!! You needed to use 10 in REVERSE to get the high speed 150. That is the trick!!!! but sadly its rush hr only and FULL

Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,108,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallybalt View Post
Milford Mill isn't that close to Catonsville. You'd need to navigate the beltway during morning rush hour.

I can't speak of the bus schedule but my bet that driving is the most direct route and the least time-consuming. Edmondson Avenue to 40 through Mount Vernon will take you to Hopkins.
that same trip can be done with #23 then transfer to #150 express click here Maryland Transit Administration (http://mta.maryland.gov/services/bus/routes/express/ - broken link) and here Maryland Transit Administration (http://mta.maryland.gov/services/bus/routes/bus/ - broken link) O I forgot there is a new QB rte called QB46 the fastest rte now is 10 to paradise then 46 to city the rte is faster than it looks though. The new 46 is also an express rte it can drive much faster than previous local buses. But when ya did it 46 wasnt running yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or