U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM

865 posts, read 2,245,576 times

Advertisements

Towson Town Center does not have the same feel as it used to. On several occasions on recent weekend evenings, there were large groups of young people wondering around, and security guards were everywhere.

Has there been an increase in crime at the mall? Is the mall going downhill? How about the rest of Towson? I guess it's somewhat comforting to know that security has a strong presence there, but I don't remember it being like this 5-10 years ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 07:14 PM

159 posts, read 202,713 times
Towson Town Center is becoming like Mondawmin lol

Old 04-08-2011, 09:21 PM

757 posts, read 2,194,729 times
I try to avoid the place, but given that it recently opened a luxury wing with the likes of Tiffany, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry, I don't see any evidence that the mall is going downhill. Malls in general are declining, but the major malls like TTC are growing at the expense of the marginal malls like Owings Mills, White Marsh, and Marley Station.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:29 AM

420 posts, read 651,107 times
Towson isnt going downhill. they've remodeled and added new high end stores. there arent really any stores there that can be considered ghetto except DTLR, and even that store isnt bad.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:31 AM

owings mills mall has turned into a ghost town on purpose.. they are trying tear it down and turn it into something like hunt valley town center.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:37 AM

865 posts, read 2,245,576 times
Even with the luxury wing, I honestly do not feel safe there on weekend evenings. The area by the high-end stores is pretty empty. Try visiting on an upcoming weekend and see if you notice anything.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 PM

12 posts, read 36,532 times
I feel the same way that's why I don't go there as much anymore. The movie theatre went down hill along time ago, I haven't been there in over four years. Even with the more luxurious stores it doesn't have the same feel that it used to and yes there is more crime going on in and around the mall. When I was in high school I never would've expected there to be a stabbing in the food court.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF1986 View Post
I feel the same way that's why I don't go there as much anymore. The movie theatre went down hill along time ago, I haven't been there in over four years. Even with the more luxurious stores it doesn't have the same feel that it used to and yes there is more crime going on in and around the mall. When I was in high school I never would've expected there to be a stabbing in the food court.
I've never felt unsafe at towson, the stabbing was a random incident, not the norm. security, mondawmin are worse.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:24 PM

5,669 posts, read 7,260,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF1986 View Post
Are you talking about Towson or Owings Mills? Does Towson even have a movie theater?

But anyway, I certainly wouldn't say Towson Town Center is going downhill. The only reason some of the areas seem empty is because the mall is ginormous. And any mall in America will have teenagers hanging out on the weekends, for the most part they are harmless...if they really wanted to commit crimes I'm sure they would find some better places to do it than the Towson Town Center.

The only thing I'd say is "downhill" is the homeless guy that stands on the corner across from PF Chang's. He is harmless too but having a homeless guy standing right in front of your mall probably doesn't give off the image of "luxury"

Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 PM

12 posts, read 36,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Are you talking about Towson or Owings Mills? Does Towson even have a movie theater?

But anyway, I certainly wouldn't say Towson Town Center is going downhill. The only reason some of the areas seem empty is because the mall is ginormous. And any mall in America will have teenagers hanging out on the weekends, for the most part they are harmless...if they really wanted to commit crimes I'm sure they would find some better places to do it than the Towson Town Center.

The only thing I'd say is "downhill" is the homeless guy that stands on the corner across from PF Chang's. He is harmless too but having a homeless guy standing right in front of your mall probably doesn't give off the image of "luxury"
I was talking about Towson Commons, which is close to the mall and I don't know anyone that goes to it anymore. I haven't been to Owings Mills since I was little and I don't think I'll ever go back, it's not close and I know it has problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or