U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-19-2011, 02:18 AM
 
2,046 posts, read 4,110,821 times
Reputation: 320

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
even more in NYC
only cause NYC has more ppl but baltimore what I meant was HIGHER DENSITY NOT AMOUNT

 
Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 AM
(-)
 
690 posts, read 1,587,913 times
Reputation: 477
this post is a failure
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 955,489 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post
You're right, Baltimore is far less pretentious.

I agree! I am GLAD the OP does not want to compare my region to the complete sh*thole that is NY/NJ. Thank you - much gratitude!
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM
 
2,046 posts, read 4,110,821 times
Reputation: 320
NY a ****hole eh what are u smokin??
 
Old 04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 955,489 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
NY a ****hole eh what are u smokin??

I'm not smoking anything. I am not a fan of big cities and I cannot stand New York. I lived in North Jersey for years and I know what I am talking about. I'd like to know what people are smoking who LIKE living in a place like that. Don't like my opinion, move along.
 
Old 04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
 
2,046 posts, read 4,110,821 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy99 View Post
I'm not smoking anything. I am not a fan of big cities and I cannot stand New York. I lived in North Jersey for years and I know what I am talking about. I'd like to know what people are smoking who LIKE living in a place like that. Don't like my opinion, move along.
ahh I get it u hate cities period ok moving on
 
Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 955,489 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
ahh I get it u hate cities period ok moving on
Not what I said at all. I dislike cities like NY. Savannah, Georgia is a city and I have no problem with that one. Why am I explaining myself to someone who cannot use punctuation or spell the word "you"?
 
Old 04-23-2011, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,385 posts, read 9,953,575 times
Reputation: 5230
Though I will agree the New York City offers so much more than Baltimore in terms of amenities, we must not forget that New York City is the largest city in the U.S., so its expected to be that way. As for a cultural connection you can't deny that Baltimore has one of the closest cultural connections to New York City than any other major city other than Philly or Boston. Baltimore is built more similarly to New York city than it is to southern cities like Charlotte or Dallas. I don't think Baltimore and New York City are all that different as people say they are. Both cities share a strong colonial history which shouldn't be ignored. Both cities are Northeastern in culture.

Also anyone who considers Baltimore Dixie needs to get their head examined by a doctor. lol.
 
Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 955,489 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Though I will agree the New York City offers so much more than Baltimore in terms of amenities, we must not forget that New York City is the largest city in the U.S., so its expected to be that way. As for a cultural connection you can't deny that Baltimore has one of the closest cultural connections to New York City than any other major city other than Philly or Boston. Baltimore is built more similarly to New York city than it is to southern cities like Charlotte or Dallas. I don't think Baltimore and New York City are all that different as people say they are. Both cities share a strong colonial history which shouldn't be ignored. Both cities are Northeastern in culture.

Also anyone who considers Baltimore Dixie needs to get their head examined by a doctor. lol.
LOL Baltimore is nothing like NYC. There are 12 other major cities I can think of off the TOP OF MY HEAD that are more like NY than Baltimore is. Try again!
 
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,385 posts, read 9,953,575 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy99 View Post
LOL Baltimore is nothing like NYC. There are 12 other major cities I can think of off the TOP OF MY HEAD that are more like NY than Baltimore is. Try again!

Trust me its not that many. I would like to see your so called list of cities outside of the Northeast that you think would beat Baltimore. I'm pretty confident I'll debunk most of them if not all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top