U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
 
Location: 602/520
2,441 posts, read 5,968,304 times
Reputation: 1815

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I actually know many former Jews. And today, you can choose to be female.

And sorry, you are misinformed. "Transgender is the state of one's "gender identity" (self-identification as woman, man, neither or both) not matching one's "assigned sex" "

One does NOT choose this. Perhaps you are mistaking it for Transsexual.
You are still born in Judaism. It's who you are.

You don't choose your gender. What a ludicrous assertion.

 
Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
158 posts, read 329,115 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
I love the capitalization of Obvious Transgender.

But yes, I can honestly say I wouldn't be concerned.
haha - ok, so of course Jermaine is gonna be freaked out about his child -GASP!- being "exposed" (ok - bad choice of words - I don't mean in the literal sense as some of you may be thinking - I just mean maybe standing next to them while washing your hands at the sink or something) to someone who doesn't fit the "perfect" Bible-defined image of man/woman... Jermaine identifies himself as socially conservative and clearly that shapes his discourse on these boards.

But hopefully Jermaine you would use that moment as a teaching opportunity about transgender people and tolerance if your child asked you about the 'man that was dressed in women's clothes,' and not act all freaked out and disgusted - - that would teach your child the same and just propagate intolerance...

I feel so terrible for that girl. With the exception of the one older woman who stepped in, I cannot believe people just stood there and watched. Unreal.

TOLERANCE for all races, all genders, all sexual preferences, all gender identities, religions, political beliefs (although some may make me want to puke ), etc.... INTOLERANCE for violent, hateful, ignorant people that seem to make more and more headlines these days. Sigh.
 
Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
158 posts, read 329,115 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
She may have had a legal right. However, just because its legal doesn't make it right. This person is still a man. I don't care what procedures have been done to convince everyone otherwise.




How is this a hate crime when you don't know what the motivation of the attack was?

A hate crime is a crime that is committed against a person for their race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexuality, etc. There is no evidence that the beat down was caused for any of the reasons.



You're clearly full of some of that good ol' fashioned justice. Although this is extremely off topic, the majority of lynchings were based off of accusations and few had actual proof. In this country we allow people a trial to prove their innocence. There were no trials with these lynchings. Just a buncha good ol' boys with some rope and a hound dog named Bo.

You don't know why this woman was beat down, so for you to automatically assume that this was somehow raced based is ludicrous.



No, I am not calling her a pedo, I'm calling HIM a pedo.



I agree.

This didn't warrant a beating at all. The girls should have called the police and had him carted off to jail.



Huh? You can't choose to be Native American, Jewish, Black, Female, or gay, but you CAN choose to be transgender.

Sounds like you're the one in need of a clue.

OK - and Miamiman has identified himself as "Jan Brewer's Debate Coach" - - - So from this we can understand what shapes his discourse, too - hatin' on illegals, from his posts - transgendered people (i.e., "pedos" just trying to use the bathroom like the rest of us), and likely a mixed bag of other intolerant, far-right trappings. Once we understand where everyone is coming from, we can just stop wasting our collective breaths
 
Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 PM
 
315 posts, read 302,437 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0622 View Post
OK - and Miamiman has identified himself as "Jan Brewer's Debate Coach" - - - So from this we can understand what shapes his discourse, too - hatin' on illegals, from his posts - transgendered people (i.e., "pedos" just trying to use the bathroom like the rest of us), and likely a mixed bag of other intolerant, far-right trappings. Once we understand where everyone is coming from, we can just stop wasting our collective breaths
Believe me, I would LOVE to.

But I still have to share the bathroom with these nutjobs. I've never had a problem, I feel fairly safe. But I read things like this and I figure it's only a matter of time until this is me, or one of my friends.
 
Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
 
323 posts, read 739,282 times
Reputation: 264
Chrissy Lee Polis .Girl beat to a seizure at McDonalds speaks out Video

[The victim] is doing better...here's an interview of the [person] that got beat up.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-27-2011 at 08:11 PM..
 
Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,383 posts, read 15,095,555 times
Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
You are still born in Judaism. It's who you are.

You don't choose your gender. What a ludicrous assertion.
1. You don't have to be born into Judaism. Most are. Not all.
2. I know PLENTY of people who are no longer jewish who are not defined by their jewish identity as you seem to assert.
3. You don't choose gender, but you can. A Ludicrous assertaion is that we don't have the technology to make ourselves a different gender. However, nobody chooses the gender they are born with (however parents today have that ability with technology), EXACTLY how somebody CANNOT choose their gender identity.

You are wrong if you think otherwise, through and through.
 
Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
 
21 posts, read 20,527 times
Reputation: 20
It terrifies me to watch that video, knowing that it could have been my girlfriend, if she had walked into the wrong McDonald's by mistake.
 
Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,383 posts, read 15,095,555 times
Reputation: 1575
Good to know she is doing better. Poor girl. What a terrifying experience for a young woman.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-27-2011 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text
 
Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Location: The Heart of Dixie
6,616 posts, read 11,726,040 times
Reputation: 4035
Its being covered extensively locally. The victim actually is a transgendered male who had a sex change operations and they are saying that might have been the motivation for the attack. Now I don't agree with being transgendered but this attack was unjustified either way and the two ghetto women should be prosecuted to the fullest extent for this.
 
Old 04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
 
Location: The Heart of Dixie
6,616 posts, read 11,726,040 times
Reputation: 4035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A lot of the black county residents are Baltimore City folks with Section 8 vouchers. These are not people who actually worked their way up into suburbia.
This is very true, a lot of ghetto elements have been spread into the suburbs as the city is "revitalized" thanks to what O'Malley started. Just look at Catonsville and how ghetto ti is now compared to 20 years ago. The decline in crime downtown has been matched with inceases in the suburbs. And the more they expand public transport into the suburbs the worst it will get. There is a reason why people refer to the "Loot rail".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top