U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:29 PM

4,383 posts, read 15,096,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Now I don't agree with being transgendered but this attack was unjustified either way and the two ghetto women should be prosecuted to the fullest extent for this.
You don't agree with a person's natural gender identity? Not to argue your opinion but this event has truly brought up much ignorance. People do not choose to be transgendered. People do choose to cross-dress or undergo a sex change operation. Again, one does not choose to be transgendered. Saying you don't like transgendered people or agree with them is the same as saying you don't agree with someone for being a certain race, gender, or sexual orientation.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:36 PM

6,616 posts, read 11,728,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
You don't agree with a person's natural gender identity? Not to argue your opinion but this event has truly brought up much ignorance. People do not choose to be transgendered. People do choose to cross-dress or undergo a sex change operation. Again, one does not choose to be transgendered. Saying you don't like transgendered people or agree with them is the same as saying you don't agree with someone for being a certain race, gender, or sexual orientation.
I'm not sure if one chooses to be gay, but one is certainly born a specific gender with specific features and organs. Transgendered people actively choose to get a sex change operation.

You can choose your religion. Someone who is "born into Judaism" can choose not to follow their parents religion, they can choose to be baptized and join a church and not be a Jew anymore. Like you can choose your culture not your race though. SOmeone is born a male or female like someone is born black or white and you cannot change your race (though there IS that medical condition where a black person becomes white but I digress.....)

Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM

4,383 posts, read 15,096,868 times
There's the problem. Your terminology is mixed up. Transgendered does not mean a person who has underwent a sex change operation. Nowhere near the majority of Transgendered people have had a sex change operation.

As a side note, many transgendered people are born with both male and female organs. There's also many who do not.

And one absolutely does not choose to be gay.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 PM

4,601 posts, read 7,693,396 times
Not to further complicate things, but there are many known cases of individuals chromozonal gender not matching their expressed physical gender, and there are many people with genitals that are, um, ambiguous. In the past, most of this was either "corrected" at birth with surgery, and is something people don't talk about.

Now a days, these issues are discussed and it seems that gender isn't really a black/white thing. For many people, both mentally and physically, are in between the standard image of "male" and "female."

Old 04-27-2011, 05:13 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,549,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom lennox 70 View Post
this is very true, a lot of ghetto elements have been spread into the suburbs as the city is "revitalized" thanks to what o'malley started. Just look at catonsville and how ghetto ti is now compared to 20 years ago. The decline in crime downtown has been matched with inceases in the suburbs. And the more they expand public transport into the suburbs the worst it will get. There is a reason why people refer to the "loot rail".
agree 100%, and it's a shame.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:13 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,872,337 times
This he/she probably told these girls that it could serk their men better than they could. Ass whoopen' you gonna get, whitey. There is more to this story than shemale is telling.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 AM

661 posts, read 971,878 times
i heard about this. this was not in the city. baltimore county (rosedale?). The reason why the white person got beat up was that the person was transgendered (meaning the person is a man) trying to go into the ladies bathroom with the 2 black girls. It might have creeped the 2 black girls out (remember the Mrs. Doubtfire movie moment when the son found Mrs. Doubtfire taking a **** standing up?)

Old 04-28-2011, 07:42 AM

21 posts, read 60,098 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if one chooses to be gay, but one is certainly born a specific gender with specific features and organs. Transgendered people actively choose to get a sex change operation.
Being born with specific features and organs is your sex, NOT your gender. One can be born with make genitalia and not associate with the masculine gender. They don't choose to be this way, contrary to what you may believe.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 AM

6,473 posts, read 10,797,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacd View Post
Being born with specific features and organs is your sex, NOT your gender. One can be born with make genitalia and not associate with the masculine gender. They don't choose to be this way, contrary to what you may believe.
I think the one positive of this event is that there is an opportunity to educate folks about transgendered people. It's still a pretty difficult thing for a lot of people to grasp.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM

5,840 posts, read 3,826,350 times
It is obvious to me that Chrissy should be counted as female. If she had been a man the two teenagers would have been on the floor and Chrissy would probably be in jail. Can you imagine the headlines then? "White man masquerading as a woman beats two black girls to the floor." You can also imagine the people flying in to hold news conferences as well.

I am 60 years old, out of shape, and I don't think I would have let them get the better of me unless they had a weapon. Of course, I wouldn't have been in the ladies room, unless I walked in by mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or