U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
 
8 posts, read 134,885 times
Reputation: 47

Advertisements

I saw this on the wires last night, initially they said the victim was transgender and went to use the womens bath room as was confronted by the girls when he/she refused to leave. I guess the victim was actually a woman not transgender. Kids escalated to violence quickly these days , this has nothing to do with race, sex or sexual orientation the media has taught people to be respected you have to fight. My question is , where hell was the manager ? Why would any manager allow their employees to film an attack ?

Last edited by pnello; 04-23-2011 at 08:22 AM..

 
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 AM
 
84 posts, read 232,510 times
Reputation: 48
Let's make it clear this was not in Baltimore City...wth? This IS Baltimore. This is what people who come to Baltimore are in for. Just because it was on one side of some political boundary doesn't mean this could not have happened just as easily on the other side of that line.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-23-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Language
 
Old 04-23-2011, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Baltimore
1,802 posts, read 7,109,929 times
Reputation: 1910
Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen anywhere. There are hateful, violent, intolerant people all over the world. It's not unique to Baltimore.
 
Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 AM
 
813 posts, read 678,014 times
Reputation: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen anywhere. There are hateful, violent, intolerant people all over the world. It's not unique to Baltimore.
That is categorically false. Check on crime mapping sites like spotcrime.com, see that violent and senseless assaults are all accumulated only in certain parts of cities. And if you are going to compare the whole world, there are place where crime rates are even less and this kind of thing is unheard of.
 
Old 04-23-2011, 09:29 AM
 
84 posts, read 232,510 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
That is categorically false. Check on crime mapping sites like spotcrime.com, see that violent and senseless assaults are all accumulated only in certain parts of cities. And if you are going to compare the whole world, there are place where crime rates are even less and this kind of thing is unheard of.
Thank you!
 
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Portland, Maine
4,180 posts, read 12,815,919 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen anywhere. There are hateful, violent, intolerant people all over the world. It's not unique to Baltimore.
A crime happens in the burbs and the city still gets the blame.


You are VERY correct. This kind of incident can and does happen everywhere in the world. Remember Columbine or how about Virginia or any other news item that hits the web. Anyone who says this only happens in certain parts of cities is ignorant.

The news isn't completely out on this incident yet either. It seems to keep on changing every hour. Originally, it was a woman who was attacked. Then it was a transgendered person who was attacked. Some are saying it was a man dressed as a woman who was attacked. There is a lot more to this story. To be clear, regardless of the case, it was wrong to attack this person, it was wrong to sit there and film it and not do anything about it.

Sidenote: I wouldn't put anything past Rosedale. I remember about 15 years ago they found two women chained to walls in the basement of some home out there and that was big headlines.
 
Old 04-23-2011, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Portland, Maine
4,180 posts, read 12,815,919 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
That is categorically false. Check on crime mapping sites like spotcrime.com, see that violent and senseless assaults are all accumulated only in certain parts of cities. And if you are going to compare the whole world, there are place where crime rates are even less and this kind of thing is unheard of.

Wasn't there some nut who went into a McD's in the burbs of San Diego and shot up a bunch of people? What on earth are you saying that this
only happens in certain parts of cities? And neither of these cases even occured in cities.

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 AM
 
813 posts, read 678,014 times
Reputation: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Wasn't there some nut who went into a McD's in the burbs of San Diego and shot up a bunch of people? What on earth are you saying that this
only happens in certain parts of cities? And neither of these cases even occured in cities.
You have to be a little more astute than that. When I mentioned cities I was referring to the list of cities on spotcrime.com. Not every tiny county is going to get accounted for, and cities get more prominence because there are just more people living there. I am not making it a suburb vs city safety issue either.
 
Old 04-23-2011, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Portland, Maine
4,180 posts, read 12,815,919 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
You have to be a little more astute than that. When I mentioned cities I was referring to the list of cities on spotcrime.com. Not every tiny county is going to get accounted for, and cities get more prominence because there are just more people living there. I am not making it a suburb vs city safety issue either.

Therefore an astute person would not rely solely on spot crime for an indicator of crimes that occur across a society. Don't use the word "City" in your argument and then it won't become a "city vs. burb" issue.
 
Old 04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
 
315 posts, read 302,437 times
Reputation: 149
Just popping in with an FYI:

There is no such thing as 'a transgender'. A trans woman is still a woman and gets to use the facilities the same as any other woman. Most trans people just want to pee in peace like anyone else.

Just a point of order from your friendly neighborhood transdude. Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top