U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 12:42 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,450,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Yes, there is a such thing as "transgender." If you were born a male and decide to undergo surgery to attempt to become the opposite sex, you are transgender. End of story. This 22 year-old MAN should have gone into the men's room like HE belonged, instead of into the same bathroom that teenage girls were using.

How do you know so much about the history of these two girls and their families? Are you a cousin or family friend?

So anytime a black person violently attacks a white person it's the a race-based attack? Is that what you're saying? I guess we'll just dismiss the hundreds of years where blacks were beaten and strung up from trees by some whites with no repercussions, but we'll cry racism and call for the book to be thrown at individuals on this incident that isn't even the clear result of a race-based hate crime.

The girls were wrong in their response to this pedo trying to use the same bathroom they were in, but they should be charged with NO hate crime at all. Someone's gender identity problems are THEIR problems and no one else's.

Please stop referring to black people as monkeys and using Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and the media as weak supports to what you THINK happened.

This had nothing to do with race. Move on.

I guess you're one to dismiss the history of blacks in this country as reasoning for some of the plight of parts of the black community. Believe it or not, some people hold a grudge for inequalities and wrongs that were done to them and their families. If your family's history included being forcibly taken from your home, worked to death as a slave while being treated worse than an animal, and then put through segregation, you don't think you would be slightly angry at times toward the group that did that to you?

You so far have brought up crimes that blacks have committed against whites, without even proving that these are hate crimes. Should I start posting links to stories about crime that whites have committed against blacks that ARE clear hate crimes? Cross burnings on people's lawns? Churches being burned to the ground? Lynchings? "Mysterious" murders? Hmmm?

You resort to blaming the victim and calling her a "pedo"? I have no interest in reading your post further.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
The Baltimore Sun interview with the victim:

-- baltimoresun.com
She is lovely. I am simply amazed that she appears okay, and is so composed. I hope she will sue, she deserves to be compensated, a message needs to be sent, and lessons learned that this behavior will not be tolerated by a civil society.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
Um, hi. I am trans. I know how it works.

There is such a thing as being transgender. A person is not 'a transgender', however. The person is question is a trans woman. But that still makes her a her and believe it or not, she actually has a legal right to use the women's restroom.
Is a cross-dresser, considered a transgender? I'm just asking because I have found that confusing. Anybody that feels they were born the wrong gender deserves compassion, it must be a miserable feeling. I watched a documentary about a married man, finally making the change, to be who he alwasy felt he was inside. It was a long hard road that I wouldn't wish on anyone. He lost everything.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:12 PM

315 posts, read 300,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Is a cross-dresser, considered a transgender? I'm just asking because I have found that confusing. Anybody that feels they were born the wrong gender deserves compassion, it must be a miserable feeling. I watched a documentary about a married man, finally making the change, to be who he alwasy felt he was inside. It was a long hard road that I wouldn't wish on anyone. He lost everything.
If someone cross-dresses but doesn't identify as the gender they're dressing as, no. They're just a cross dresser or drag queen/king or whatever term they like to use, but it isn't the same as being transgender.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,535,282 times
Disgusting Thugs.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:47 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,535,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Yes, there is a such thing as "transgender." If you were born a male and decide to undergo surgery to attempt to become the opposite sex, you are transgender. End of story. This 22 year-old MAN should have gone into the men's room like HE belonged, instead of into the same bathroom that teenage girls were using.
(I'm nowhere near a expert)
I kinda agree he/she may have had an operation. But, There are some Perverted people out there.

Can any of you honestly say that you would not be concerned if a Obvious Transgender (Former Man) walked into a restroom that your child was in?

I'm sure some parents would probably walk in just to make sure everything was ok if we could.

I do not believe he/she should have been beaten though.
Personally the way this world is going businesses will probably have to start adding private restrooms or even transgender only restrooms.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I kinda agree he/she may have had an operation. But, There are some Perverted people out there.

Can any of you honestly say that you would not be concerned if a Obvious Transgender (Former Man) walked into a restroom that your child was in?

I'm sure some parents would probably walk in just to make sure everything was ok if we could.

Personally the way this world is going businesses will probably have to start adding private restrooms or even transgender only restrooms.
How would you even know, unless you like to peak. They still have doors. good grief
I can't believe we are even talking about this - it's so irrelevant.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:25 PM

315 posts, read 300,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post

I love the capitalization of Obvious Transgender.

But yes, I can honestly say I wouldn't be concerned.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:39 PM

431 posts, read 794,920 times
Jail the N_iGGAZ pleaze

Victim speaks out about attack at McDonald's -- baltimoresun.com

Hey I'm using the same word the rappers on worldstarhiphop use. Go complain to them. In this civil society I can go to hot 97 or any hip hop radio station and hear the same word.

thx

Old 04-24-2011, 03:00 PM

1,154 posts, read 3,855,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Did anyone read anything about this? Apparently this was a man dressed up as a woman being skeevy in the ladies' room and NOT a woman. Not that this makes this thing acceptable, but it does need to be said.
She was a post-op transgender woman I believe.

Last edited by NYMTman; 04-24-2011 at 03:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or