U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,612,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Wow, they have "The Wire Tour", huh? Not a bad idea really. The last thing Baltimore needs is some country couple from Indiana trying to find Vine Street. Ah, excuse me, is this the corner where Bodie got capped?
The was messed up when Bodie got killed. When Omar got killed, people were shocked, mad, and hurt. I had to put "R.I.P. Omar" on my Facebook page...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
The was messed up when Bodie got killed. When Omar got killed, people were shocked, mad, and hurt. I had to put "R.I.P. Omar" on my Facebook page...lol.
Omar, killed by a kid. WTF? Bodie should have just left like Poot did. Live another day. I don't know where my youth was leading, but Vermont had to be a good thing for me.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 PM

25 posts, read 44,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Wow, they have "The Wire Tour", huh? Not a bad idea really. The last thing Baltimore needs is some country couple from Indiana trying to find Vine Street. Ah, excuse me, is this the corner where Bodie got capped?
Lol, nah, i wasn't there for the tour, haha, but its something I've heard. Hahahaha, but that sould be hilarous.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:42 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,612,690 times
A wire tour is funny. The people that live in those neighborhoods won't be too crazy about all the attention.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:37 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
A wire tour is funny. The people that live in those neighborhoods won't be too crazy about all the attention.
Whole lot of people pulling shirts over their faces when that bus rolls by.

No doubt some idiot will try to sell the tourists something to help them feel better. Only $10. Three for $20.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,956,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0622 View Post
Oh Bubs- that must be so fun. Except he's always stealing your copper piping and radiators, right??

True but you can get a huge white T shirt or a lighter in 30 seconds Poor Bubs-what a great character!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,956,668 times
[quote=NCOriolesfan;18923671]Damn, you got me thinking about Gary from The Corner. He was a copper theiving mother if there ever was one. I liked Gary. Ah, West Baltimore, what can I say. I guess you either love it or you hate it. I don't hate it.[/quote

Poor Gary-too sad.I think I am going to watch The Corner again-it is one of the best things I have ever seen. The ending kills.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Maryland native here and went to school in Baltimore. It's dirty, rundown, dangerous and basically hell on earth. I know it sounds dramatic, but it's true. Every single person I know who lives there has had a run in with teenagers with weapons when they're doing something as basic as unloading their car with groceries.

Now that I live in NOVA, I refuse to go back, even to visit friends. I'm *so* over that place.
I live in Annapolis and am in Baltimore on a Monthly basis. The show is very accurate in terms of script writing, the way drug dealing is done is also very accurate. Its big into "H". Nevertheless, like any city there are bad parts. The show does not show the good parts. Baltimore is a beautiful city, with much of it being renovated. Downtown Baltimore is on the water and has first class facilities. I have been to most major cities in the USA, and every one of them (other than Denver and Portland, Maine) has parts that are depicted and similar to what's on the wire. Thats what makes a city a city. Philly, New York, Boston, etc, all have the same areas.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 AM

5,292 posts, read 5,313,937 times
I'm from Baltimore and thought The Wire was corny as hell. Accuracy according to David Simon.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM

513 posts, read 779,003 times
The Wire was basically true life documentary. I go visit my investment properties on Sargeant and Caroll streets and see what could be extras from that show everywhere. I asked one of the locals if I had anything to worry about. He said no because your white and dress proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or