Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM

37 posts, read 90,701 times

Advertisements

For those people who try and compare Baltimore to New York City, stop it!!! Baltimore can't even compare or "compete" against this mighty grand city. I don't care how friendly and clean Baltimore may appear to be. How can one compare a city with only 620,000 to that of about 19 million??!!! That is like comparing a "book of matches" to that of a "flame-thrower".

Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Baltimore is about 15th the size of NYC.. You can fit Bmore in NYC 15 times over and still have space left over.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Travel00 says--

"..I've heard a lot of DC natives compare Baltimore to NYC. I don't understand this comparison at all because no one from anyone where else sees this. You must not have spent much time above the Mason Dixon line. My homeboys from NYC and Jersey look at Baltimoreans (and DC folks) as being Southern, country and slow compared to NYC. I've also heard Baltimore natives, themselves, call their city slow and country (this might not be the overall consensus among Baltimore natives). Even DMX said "you will be slow like Baltimore" and he was raised between Yonkers, NY and Baltimore. You are correct that Baltimore lacks the style and swag of NYC because all cities in America pale in comparison to New York because its the biggest, most sophisticated, most upscale, and most urban city in America whether you like it or not. Of course many, many New Yorkers dress better than Baltimoreans and the residents of every other American city. NYC is only a global fashion capital on par with Paris and Tokyo and is undoubtedly the fashion capital of the world since everyone around the world emulates American style; no other American city is even close to this level. But there is no comparison between NYC and Baltimore on any level. Millions of NYC natives wouldn't last a day in Baltimore. The only part of NYC that even reminds me remotely of Baltimore is East New York, Brownsville, Flatbush and Fort Greene in Brooklyn (arguably the roughest most ghetto area of NYC). But even those areas are vastly different from the hood areas of Baltimore in every which way. If anything, Baltimore has more in common with certain areas in Philly or Camden, NJ. But even those cities are different from Baltimore because they are more diverse as well. That Mason Dixon line does make a world of a difference. Unlike Philly and NYC, you aren't going to see tons of Puerto Ricans dressing urban and racially ambiguous mixed people in Baltimore..."

**This is pretty much the truth. I agree!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM

805 posts, read 2,114,414 times
Nice job posting 3 consecutive posts.

What a worthless thread!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:02 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,136,194 times
You're right, Baltimore is far less pretentious.

I mean are you seriously comparing cities? What a vague and completely subjective comparison.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 PM

251 posts, read 721,416 times
Dude, chill. It ain't that serious. You right, Bmore is like Philly, and both pale in comparison to the Big Apple. But people mean in the general sense that the entire corridor from D.C. up to Boston is similar. Still, it's not like someone named Baltimore came up and shot your dog (who happened to be named New York).

Old 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM

303 posts, read 752,202 times
why does ny have 19million. I guess you forgot that JC and the rest of NJ ARE NOT ny!!!!!! ny only has 8million..PERIOD! Just like you dont add D.C to Baltimore population, DON'T add our population with ny and keep assuming we are ny. True JC'ers and NJ'ers DON'T want to be associated with ny....smh

Old 04-15-2011, 02:25 PM

24 posts, read 106,565 times
Who in their right mind would compare both cities as if Baltimore were even slightly like NY, anyway - a retard? - Maybe.

Not downing Baltimore at all, but this post is lame and an utter waste of time. Im just taking a break from work. lol

Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdory View Post
Who in their right mind would compare both cities as if Baltimore were even slightly like NY, anyway - a retard? - Maybe.

Not downing Baltimore at all, but this post is lame and an utter waste of time. Im just taking a break from work. lol
A DRUG addict?? so many of those in baltimore

Old 04-17-2011, 10:59 PM

418 posts, read 808,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
A DRUG addict?? so many of those in baltimore
even more in NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: