U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
(-) (-) started this thread

690 posts, read 1,587,340 times

Advertisements

man o man...

i swear reading some of the post and following some of the posters in the baltimore section will really weigh you down. While I no longer live in Baltimore city, I still own property there as well as in the county, and I really take exception to most of the gloom and doom a few of the posters seem to continually post. It's almost like the local news coverage, if it bleeds it leads. There's a lot of positive stuff going on in the city but, who am I to tell you how you should choose to see the world and your community.
As someone who's been blessed to live throughout the world at such a young age, I really wish some of you had the perspective or advantage of living in other cities, states, and countries as I have. You'd almost certainly lose the glass half empty mentality that is adopted by some.
No Baltimore isn't DC, it can't compare to NYC and it doesn't want to be Philly. I think true Baltimoreans are ok with being just, simply, Baltimore. No place is perfect, and surely Baltimore has its faults but, sometimes it's those imperfections that makes things perfectly suited for me. I always liked the fact that Baltimore wasn't as polished as some of the other aforementioned cities. I loved the fact that Baltimore was one of the last affordable major cities on the east coast. If it weren't for Baltimore, I probably wouldn't the successful small business owner I am today, as Baltimore was the only place a young 23 year old guy earning 24k a year could buy a house in a decent (relative to my upbringing) neighborhood 9 years ago. Though I am not "from" baltimore, I will always champion her because I know that one day she will rise again.

stay classy baltimore

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 04:01 PM

4,180 posts, read 12,762,256 times
Here! Here! You just said the reason why I like Baltimore-it's Baltimore.

I've lived in quite a few places also including out of the country. Yes, there's Paris and London; but there's a whole lot more out there which makes Baltimore look quite good.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM

37 posts, read 66,819 times
Default Man..please!!!!

Spare us with that diatribe. Baltimore is a garbage can that Oscar wouldn't live in!!

...And you're not even native to the city, just pimped it for your own wealth and broke out (don't blame you personally). Most out-of-towners make a little money and leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
man o man...

i swear reading some of the post and following some of the posters in the baltimore section will really weigh you down. While I no longer live in Baltimore city, I still own property there as well as in the county, and I really take exception to most of the gloom and doom a few of the posters seem to continually post. It's almost like the local news coverage, if it bleeds it leads. There's a lot of positive stuff going on in the city but, who am I to tell you how you should choose to see the world and your community.
As someone who's been blessed to live throughout the world at such a young age, I really wish some of you had the perspective or advantage of living in other cities, states, and countries as I have. You'd almost certainly lose the glass half empty mentality that is adopted by some.
No Baltimore isn't DC, it can't compare to NYC and it doesn't want to be Philly. I think true Baltimoreans are ok with being just, simply, Baltimore. No place is perfect, and surely Baltimore has its faults but, sometimes it's those imperfections that makes things perfectly suited for me. I always liked the fact that Baltimore wasn't as polished as some of the other aforementioned cities. I loved the fact that Baltimore was one of the last affordable major cities on the east coast. If it weren't for Baltimore, I probably wouldn't the successful small business owner I am today, as Baltimore was the only place a young 23 year old guy earning 24k a year could buy a house in a decent (relative to my upbringing) neighborhood 9 years ago. Though I am not "from" baltimore, I will always champion her because I know that one day she will rise again.

stay classy baltimore

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 PM

6,473 posts, read 10,727,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruler Ra View Post
Spare us with that diatribe. Baltimore is a garbage can that Oscar wouldn't live in!!

...And you're not even native to the city, just pimped it for your own wealth and broke out (don't blame you personally). Most out-of-towners make a little money and leave.
What a freakin' hater.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:37 AM

4,180 posts, read 12,762,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
What a freakin' hater.

Perhaps his Baltimore is a garbage can. It sounds like that is all he knows. Tis best to let sleeping rats sleep.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:42 AM

226 posts, read 290,519 times
yeah basically he repeats the same things over and over...the city has much room to improve but i like the direction its going even if its not moving as fast as i would like it

Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoregrimey View Post
yeah basically he repeats the same things over and over...the city has much room to improve but i like the direction its going even if its not moving as fast as i would like it
Me too.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 AM
(-) (-) started this thread

690 posts, read 1,587,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Perhaps his Baltimore is a garbage can. It sounds like that is all he knows. Tis best to let sleeping rats sleep.
agreed

Old 04-27-2011, 05:41 AM

775 posts, read 1,498,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruler Ra View Post

Be careful. You are going to be accused of being me.

There are obvious market economics reasons why Baltimore is one of the only affordable cities. As a businessman the OP should understand this. If no one wants what you are selling the price goes down. Baltimore is cheap, you are right, but for all the wrong reasons.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by are you kidinme? View Post
Be careful. You are going to be accused of being me.

There are obvious market economics reasons why Baltimore is one of the only affordable cities. As a businessman the OP should understand this. If no one wants what you are selling the price goes down. Baltimore is cheap, you are right, but for all the wrong reasons.
Why do you live here if you hate it so much? Leave. You are part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or