U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,891 times

Advertisements

Good evening all,

Does anyone have any information on the Red Lion Farm and Fieldcrest communities in White Marsh area?

The community looks to be just starting out...does anyone have any thoughts on that particular area? Good value or not so much? It is right off of Allender Road. Anyone been out to look at these communities?

Any info is greatly appreciated as my family and I are looking in this area.

Thanks,
JB
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,641 times
Its a nice neighborhood, but a bit on the industrial side as it is steps away from Rt 40. There's a CSX railroad line that runs alongside the whole neighborhood. Very noisy. These homes are a little overpriced in my opinion, especially with being so close to the train line. The lots are pretty small. We were not impressed overall.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 AM

553 posts, read 1,475,033 times
Perry Hall and White Marsh are subprime and over leveraged real estate heavens. Terribly overpriced, not particularly great quality, and absolutely no value whatsoever.

Unless it's the right price and near work, I can't find any compelling reason to be a buyer in either White Marsh or Perry Hall right now.

There are tons, I mean tons of newer (post 2003) homes which are in varying degrees of foreclosure, including a whole bunch which have been foreclosed but the banks are keeping on their balance sheets and releasing back into inventory at a dripping rate.

I wouldn't buy a home in either of the developments you mentioned even as investments with 100% down. Those particular areas are in lower class areas of the county, which means lower quality schools, more crime, and generally more downside risk to your home's value.

If you're looking in that price range and really want to buy, the best value is in Perry Hall; there are plenty of nice short sales and foreclosure properties which were sold for 500-750k between 2003-2006 which fall into the price range for which you're looking today.

The banks have pulled quite a few off the market during the summer buying season to stimulate demand, but that should start rolling over any time now. Plus the onslaught of ARMs resetting in those areas, even at record low interest rates, is too much.

Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore