U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 PM

653 posts, read 699,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
I wasn't being snyde, I was being serious. Your description sounds what mine would be from the other side as one of a handful of white families on a mostly black street. We get along with our neighbors and yeah, we garden and probably a bunch of other stuff off of the "stuff white people like" blog.
LOL

Hold up. As a non-black woman, I find offense to that. My black male neighbor has an even better looking lawn than I do. What is UP with that?!

(My joke font is broken for the first sentence, but the second sentence is definitely true. Darn him and his HGTV lawn! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 AM

2,893 posts, read 3,404,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
LOL

My black male neighbor has an even better looking lawn than I do. What is UP with that?!
This is good! A short time ago, I found the Google Earth picture of the Baltimore house I last lived in (Idlewood neighborhood), which I presume is now owned by a Black family or person. Honestly, it appeared to me that they are taking better care of the house than we did (circa 1960s). This is good!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 AM

123 posts, read 237,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
My black male neighbor has an even better looking lawn than I do. What is UP with that?!
I know you guys are trying to be positive or something, but come on.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsMass View Post
It was a good-hearted joke at white stereotypes and myself. Heck, I was poking fun at myself. If anyone should have their panties in a bunch, it should be me. lol

Ligthen up. Life is too short.

Last edited by dclamb3; 03-08-2012 at 08:39 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 AM

6,473 posts, read 10,740,139 times
Quote:
What, our actual on-the-ground observations don't match your preconceived notions? Sorry?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM

123 posts, read 237,639 times
I'm just trying to imagine what a black person visiting this forum must think when they see a list of posts expressing surprise that black people are capable of keeping up their property.

HandsUp, I have no clue what you're replying to.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I'm just trying to imagine what a black person visiting this forum must think when they see a list of posts expressing surprise that black people are capable of keeping up their property.

HandsUp, I have no clue what you're replying to.
I understand that, but hopefully, they'd have enough sense to read the entire conversation, and not jump to conclusions by jumping into a conversation mid-stream. Anything in life can be taken out of context if one jumps into something at the wrong moment. That doesn't mean life shouldn't happen for fear someone might not have the entire story, and thus, take it the wrong way.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,227,964 times
Lightbulb Hmmm...Don't Know If Ya Noticed Or Not, But---

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wow, great article......more blame whitey bilge!!!!!!!!!!!

People CHOSE to segregate by race.................uh, why is this a problem????
The discussion seems to have gone ahead, around, and without you...seems there are good folk in Baltimore who want to have a valid discussion of the issue without having to recognize the Senator from AngryGuyLand

And guess what...for the sake of argument, I live (in my city) in a neighborhood that's about 98% white, and I'm black---and my race, after almost 7 yrs in said neighborhood hasn't EVER been a problem...

You kinda need to rethink your strategy about loudness and attitude bringing anything to the discussion...and one more thing---that 'blame whitey bilge' that you're having a protracted hissy-fit about? I am much too happy with my life, and too much of an adult, to blame 'whitey' or anyone else for any problems I encounter in said life...there's a whole world outside of that dank, dark little room you occupy, mumbling on about nothing and spewing old won-out stereotypes---you need to think about actually co-existing with others instead of being ignored over a bunch of hot-air and misplaced anger

To all the good folk in Baltimore I referred to, please carry on with this discussion...I find myself learning a great deal about the workings of your city...

Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM

15,240 posts, read 15,250,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
The discussion seems to have gone ahead, around, and without you...seems there are good folk in Baltimore who want to have a valid discussion of the issue without having to recognize the Senator from AngryGuyLand

And guess what...for the sake of argument, I live (in my city) in a neighborhood that's about 98% white, and I'm black---and my race, after almost 7 yrs in said neighborhood hasn't EVER been a problem...

You kinda need to rethink your strategy about loudness and attitude bringing anything to the discussion...and one more thing---that 'blame whitey bilge' that you're having a protracted hissy-fit about? I am much too happy with my life, and too much of an adult, to blame 'whitey' or anyone else for any problems I encounter in said life...there's a whole world outside of that dank, dark little room you occupy, mumbling on about nothing and spewing old won-out stereotypes---you need to think about actually co-existing with others instead of being ignored over a bunch of hot-air and misplaced anger

To all the good folk in Baltimore I referred to, please carry on with this discussion...I find myself learning a great deal about the workings of your city...

Ok, fine.....now answer the question................if people CHOOSE to segregate, why is that a problem. And if people CHOOSE to live in a multi-culti area.....fine with me, that is their choice.

I live in Cr***erville, it suits me well, very low Urban American population.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,227,964 times
Lightbulb Ho-Hum...Again With The Angry Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Ok, fine.....now answer the question................if people CHOOSE to segregate, why is that a problem. And if people CHOOSE to live in a multi-culti area.....fine with me, that is their choice.

I live in Cr***erville, it suits me well, very low Urban American population.
Look, if you live in *Fill In The Blank Ville*, fine and dandy---knock yourself out, but realize your constant 'I live in an-almost-all-white-area-with-a-low 'Urban American' [nice one, Woodrow...grow a pair and say blacks, no one will care] population, and it's groovy!' bellowing doesn't mean jack-pop-squat to whites AND blacks who choose to address the issue in an adult manner...

If you CHOOSE to segregate, again, knock yourself out, but there are others not only in Baltimore proper, but in the rest of the country, that don't break out in hives if they get within 10 feet of someone darker than cafe au lait or a brown paper bag...I am grown, son, and if I WANT to live around a lot of whites, which I've been doing for a LONG time with no difficulties, then I will...

Same as if I chose to live around a lot of blacks (done that too)...your overheated tantrums will not make me or anyone else lose a wink of sleep one way or another...and to 'answer' the question, name on my driver license ain't 'god d. almighty', so that precludes me from running off at the mouth about being in an all-black, all-white, all-striped people from Venus neighborhood, and trying to tell everyone else where THEY should live...

I am an American citizen, my ethnic roots notwithstanding, and as such, whether it's in Baltimore (for those who've read this far I say again---great city) or anywhere else, I will live where I choose, around WHOM I choose, and if you think you're ever gonna have a sai in that matter, I suggest you fall out of bed and wake up with the quickness out of this dream world you inhabit...Baltimore, I apologize if I have derailed this thread at all, but some folks think just because they jump up and down and bellow, that I'm supposed to give a flying fizzoolie---and I don't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or