U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,051 times
Default Lake Walker neighborhood

Married with 2 month old and thinking about buying in Lake Walker; originally from NJ and it seems like a nice area. Looking for some feedback to ease our mind about the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 AM

4,178 posts, read 9,055,858 times
This is Lake Walker's web site. They have a newsletter within it for more information.

Baltimore City | Lake Walker Community Association

On a personal note. I have friends who moved from Canton to Lake Walker about two years ago. No complaints.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,051 times
This newletter is a great help, thanks jonjj. If anyone else has anything to add, it would be a great help. I'm especially interested in potential activities I can do with my son (parks, boy scouts, little league, etc...).

Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 PM

453 posts, read 656,863 times
Same demographic composition as Lake Evsham and Cedarcroft (upper middle class, white, etc).

Old 05-17-2011, 02:23 PM

1,954 posts, read 4,187,186 times
Default A hidden gem

A great neighborhood getting better.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 PM

827 posts, read 848,987 times
Cheaper than Cedarcroft. Plenty of young upwardly mobile homeowners in their first house. Typical neighborhood for the overeducated but low earning professionals working in non-profits or other industries where degree requirements are high but salaries are low.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 PM

5 posts, read 3,616 times
Lake Walker is best location and I love to visit this place in leisure time.
I also suggest the other people to have the visit of the Lake Walker thy will feel better.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:03 AM

5 posts, read 3,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmar21 View Post
Lake Walker is best location and I love to visit this place in leisure time.
I also suggest the other people to have the visit of the Lake Walker thy will feel better.
Baltimore Fitness Boot Camp

Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 AM

55 posts, read 26,472 times
Lake Walker is an awesome neighborhood, filled with cute affordable cottages. I consider it one of Baltimore's best kept secret neighborhoods. Nearby there are two parks, two grocery stores (the giant and a yuppie market inside of Belvedere Square), yoga, a women's gym, great dive bars, coffee shops, a phenomenal wine bar called Grand Cru, family friendly restaurants, and a newly renovated movie theatre set to reopen shortly. It's also one of the few city neighborhoods I'd feel comfortable walking a dog in at night time.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM

399 posts, read 387,352 times
Northern Baltimore around this area is really nice (very green and very quiet) -- I live a bit closer to the Belvedere Market than Lake Walker, but I'm up around York RD Plaza all the time. We had a rash of violent armed robberies last summer along the York RD corridor, but hopefully that was a temporary spat. Every neighborhood association in this area is very active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore