Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times

Advertisements

More good news for Baltimore: ranked in top-10 for college grads.

Baltimore a top city for college grads | Baltimore Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 04:46 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Spring is in full bloom. The weather is getting nice. My neighborhood is looking great and kids are playing outside. I have great neighbors and a great house that would cost a lot more somewhere else. People talk to each other in this neighborhood instead of hide in their houses. I can walk to everything I need: Groceries, Hardware store, at least 15 restaurants, a few parks, library, transportation to other parts of the city. The greens in our neighborhood garden are bolting right up. A man has been playing homemade instruments quite well outside of grocery store.

The Orioles are only about 4 games out of 1st despite being in last place (I'll take it). I can get down to the ballpark in about 12 minutes on my bike. I've been to about a half dozen games already, and going to two more this week. With how many other major league teams can you actually purchase a ticket for $10 or less the day of the game? There was a brass band improvising in the Wyman Park Dell the other night. Very fun to listen to the sound bounce off the hills. It's almost warm enough to swim. It's almost time for the Preakness. I went to two awesome and unique events a few weekends ago: Maryland Film Fest and the kinetic scupture race. I've got to go to Boston in a few weeks, and I have many options with how to get there - and flying is the cheapest, thanks BWI.

People here smile. People here laugh. People here joke and make small talk.

I have no doubt the haters (99% of whom live elsewhere) will take over this post with typical anti-Baltimore stuff. But I had to get my two cents in before they ran their mouths about things they don't know, even if they think they do.
as much as I hate baltimore ur right about this one lol

Old 05-19-2011, 04:54 PM

342 posts, read 912,526 times
Baltimore is a great place and will be an even better place as soon as we get srb's ass out of city hall, if you want the city to get better vote srb!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 PM

The downtown Superfresh is safe from the cuts:

Baltimore's Downtown SuperFresh looks safe from company cuts | Daily Record, The (Baltimore) | Find Articles at BNET

Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 PM

5 posts, read 7,867 times
Thanks buddies or posting these links because these picture reflex the true picture of the
Baltimore. Baltimore city is my favorite one and I love to live in this city.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:59 PM

Another article: Baltimore leads the pack:

Washington and Baltimore among great cities for new college grads - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localdc/20110524/ts_yblog_localdc/washington-and-baltimore-among-great-cities-for-new-college-grads/?bouchon=511,dc - broken link)

Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM

143 posts, read 365,812 times
Baltimore's people are generally genuine and down to earth. This distinction does cross racial and econonmic boundries. In Baltimore people don't seem to be in as much of a rush as many cities I see on tv. Real estate and cost of living are affordable in Baltimore (compared to all of the other major Northeastern cities.) Baltimore has alot of great institutions within its boundries including Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University, The N.A.A.C.P., Catholic Relief Services, and many, many others. Alot of history and cool architecture. Great waterfront and port. Those little markets are really cool (Lexington, Northeast, etc.) Large parks (I think Druid Hill is about the same size as Central Park.) Good zoo and aquarium. Museums. Ravens, Orioles, and Blast. So much that was said by previous posters.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,513,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
Large parks (I think Druid Hill is about the same size as Central Park.) .
Druid Hill Park is indeed awesome. Leakin Park is one of the biggest city parks in the U.S. It really is a gem, and you can check it out this weekend at the herb fest.

A lot of people in Baltimore are unaware of its awesome hiking and biking trails. You don't have to walk very long before you forget that you are in the middle of a city.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post

Nope. Now it looks like it will become part of Mrs. Green's empire from upstate New York.

Superfresh will shut down 13 stores because it couldn't find buyers - baltimoresun.com

Scarsdale / Eastchester - Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore