Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:34 PM

389 posts, read 796,902 times

Advertisements

The Young Democrats had our regional convention in Baltimore this year and Catherine Pugh was there. I loved everything about her. I know first impressions can deceive but, if I were to pick up and move to Baltimore today, I would definitely vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 09:16 PM

915 posts, read 3,180,127 times
This city is pathetic. There are about 300K registered voters in the a city of 600k pop. Also the percentage of people actually care are like 30-40% ....sad

I live in the county so don't blame me.

We need a mayor that actually care about the city then their pockets or their friends. Someone that actually trying to resolved the crime and gentrification of the city instead of corruption like those rehab homes in Greenmount area..$500k per rowhome ..sad

Old 09-10-2011, 09:27 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,844 times
I don't think it matters anymore.
The Mayor can do but so much.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I don't think it matters anymore.
The Mayor can do but so much.
That's what they used to say in Newark until Cory Booker came along. It's a new day. Things can change. Baltimore is a great city, people.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM

158 posts, read 395,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
That's what they used to say in Newark until Cory Booker came along. It's a new day. Things can change. Baltimore is a great city, people.

Cory Booker is a great example. He actually influenced a few of my Manhattan-living friends to move to Jersey City (versus Brooklyn or Queens). Baltimore totally needs a Cory Booker.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 AM

501 posts, read 1,160,977 times
If I lived in the city I would have voted Landers. He seemed the most sane by far. Pugh came off petty, Rawlings-Blake ego-driven, and Rolley condescending. I'm not keen on Pugh's pushing of Philadelphia and Rolley's pushing of Jersey City on what Baltimore should be like- not so comfortable with outsiders coming in and downing the the city thinking that it should be like said cities to the north. I think this is partly what we've seen with the election of Rawlings-Blake. I believe it is a sad state of affairs when we have two candidates who are not even from Baltimore vying for mayor. Can we not produce more quality, educated candidates from our own city's streets? I think that's a sorry situation and says more than anything else.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:15 AM

206 posts, read 472,514 times
I think someone's inability to vote for someone else just because they're not "from here" is pretty sad. But then hey, you don't actually live here, you just concern troll for us ...

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM

501 posts, read 1,160,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remstone View Post
I think someone's inability to vote for someone else just because they're not "from here" is pretty sad. But then hey, you don't actually live here, you just concern troll for us ...
Hmm, perhaps you didn't quite read my post. I lived there for a portion of my life, born in Baltimore city, and have lived in Edgemere for the majority of the rest of my life. There is, actually, a perceived benefit of electing someone with actual roots in a city for a lot of people. And, of course, you ignore my larger point that I believe it is SAD that we cannot come up with more than one or two qualified Baltimore natives to run for mayor of our own city. That is disgusting and the fact that most people born and raised in the city have no drive to run for public office disturbing. I know the people of Baltimore and know what I am talking about and why the election turned out the way it did. Most people prefer a native Baltimorian running the city and most of the city is black, and therefore feel more comfortable voting for a black person if one is running. Combine that, and the only candidate left to win is Rawlings-Blake. Sorry to burst your bubble with reality.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:03 AM

461 posts, read 922,500 times
Tommy Carcetti

Old 09-16-2011, 04:26 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben242000 View Post
Tommy Carcetti
That dude was so annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore