U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 11,273 times

Advertisements

The boyfriend and I are interested in the Harbor Point Estates apartments or the Foxridge Townhomes. Basically our requirements are: Cheaper than what we're paying now ($1400 incl. utils), washer/dryer in unit, FIOS, and allows pets. These two seem to have those (though Foxridge I"m not sure if it's just hookups or includes the w/d) but I've heard mixed reviews on the area.

If you guys know of any other apartments nearish there (I work at Bayview, he at Sparrows Point. We currently live in Towson and want to reduce the drive) it'd be appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 AM

342 posts, read 1,341,384 times
Why Essex? I would look in Dumdalk, namely, the apartments once known as Hidden Cove or may now be known as Key Landing. Some folks I'm acquainted with moved there from Beacon Pointe in Edgemere and told me they were nicer. I understand the current management has improved the place; it might even be a "gated" community.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtownfunlover View Post
Why Essex? I would look in Dumdalk, namely, the apartments once known as Hidden Cove or may now be known as Key Landing. Some folks I'm acquainted with moved there from Beacon Pointe in Edgemere and told me they were nicer. I understand the current management has improved the place; it might even be a "gated" community.
Because according to apartmentguide.com, it doesn't have what we're looking for. Thank you though for the suggestion.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 PM

1,802 posts, read 7,273,102 times
With your budget and in the Essex/Middle River or Dundalk areas you may be able to rent a small townhouse from a private landlord rather than just limiting your search to a place in an apartment community. I live in a townhouse in a Middle River development that is mostly owner-occupied, but there are a few rentals scattered about. The house next door to me is for rent and I believe he is asking about $1,200 a month. It's a 3 story house with 2 bathrooms, all appliances (inlcuding washer and dryer), finished basement, and fenced-in yard.

I used to be familiar with the area around Foxridge Townhomes, and if I'm not mistaken Harbor Point Estates used to be known as East Roc. I lived there for several years in the mid 1980's and it was going downhill then. Not sure what it may be like now, but we had issues with drugs, street crime, and a lot of police activity. Hope things may have changed for the better since then, but I wouldn't count on it.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
With your budget and in the Essex/Middle River or Dundalk areas you may be able to rent a small townhouse from a private landlord rather than just limiting your search to a place in an apartment community. I live in a townhouse in a Middle River development that is mostly owner-occupied, but there are a few rentals scattered about. The house next door to me is for rent and I believe he is asking about $1,200 a month. It's a 3 story house with 2 bathrooms, all appliances (inlcuding washer and dryer), finished basement, and fenced-in yard.

I used to be familiar with the area around Foxridge Townhomes, and if I'm not mistaken Harbor Point Estates used to be known as East Roc. I lived there for several years in the mid 1980's and it was going downhill then. Not sure what it may be like now, but we had issues with drugs, street crime, and a lot of police activity. Hope things may have changed for the better since then, but I wouldn't count on it.
How would one go about looking for those? Craigslist? I'm new at this whole apartment thing and it's kind of driving me nuts haha

Old 10-05-2011, 02:27 PM

342 posts, read 1,341,384 times
On his way home Thursday your boyfriend can stop at the 7-11 on Sparrows Point road and get a Dundalk Eagle.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:40 PM

1,802 posts, read 7,273,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslaceynicole View Post
How would one go about looking for those? Craigslist? I'm new at this whole apartment thing and it's kind of driving me nuts haha
I just did a quick search and found www.homes.com and clicked on rentals, and then searched by zip code. Dundalk is 21222, Essex is 21221, Middle River is 21220. You may also want to check 21224 - some of that area is in Baltimore County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore