Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 06:14 PM

189 posts, read 153,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
Oh sweetheart, I know all about the golden eggs. I lived in Baltimore long before they were built. Your comment about them showed how little you know, as well as all your other immature posts.
what, you trying to go on date with me or something,,, sweetheart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2022, 04:19 PM

59 posts, read 44,626 times
I have lived in Baltimore area my whole life. No complaints. You get everything you need here. Beaches mountains big cities all three hours away. If you like sports then you have professional sports teams you can follow and go see. There’s much to do. Just like every city, some people are nice and some aren’t. That’s everywhere. Yeah it has crime but so does every other city. Just stay away from bad areas. Plenty of food as well, even for vegetarians like me, even more for meat eaters. No complaints.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:08 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adave1 View Post
I have lived in Baltimore area my whole life. No complaints. You get everything you need here. Beaches mountains big cities all three hours away. If you like sports then you have professional sports teams you can follow and go see. There’s much to do. Just like every city, some people are nice and some aren’t. That’s everywhere. Yeah it has crime but so does every other city. Just stay away from bad areas. Plenty of food as well, even for vegetarians like me, even more for meat eaters. No complaints.
So, having never left Baltimore you don't know how great life can be outside of that dump. Oh well, at least you're happy.

Old 05-08-2022, 09:50 AM

899 posts, read 540,574 times
Plenty are happy in Baltimore. Others move out when they can.

I don't dislike the city in particular and would have no real issues living in one of the nicer parts. When I was househunting I looked equally in North Baltimore and Towson and it so happens I ended up on the Towson side. In retrospect I am glad I have lower taxes, lower insurance, a more responsible government (perfect example is that despite COVID there has been no interruptions to trash and recycling collection, which cannot be said for the city). And it's nice to know your representatives are not the corrupt or incompetent or both city politicians. Had I instead found the right house on the city side, all these factors would have been mildly annoying if somewhat distant problems.

I'll admit since buying in Towson I rarely venture into the city, particularly south of University Parkway. It would be harder for me to move into Baltimore from the county than it would be to move from Baltimore to the county.

Old 05-08-2022, 10:08 AM

7 posts, read 4,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So, having never left Baltimore you don't know how great life can be outside of that dump. Oh well, at least you're happy.
I have lurked on this website for a long time but have never posted anything, but I have lived in Raleigh which is supposed to be the so called grass is greener on the other side city my whole life(19yrs) and would take Baltimore over it any day of the week, it is not a dump it is just a tale of two cities the preserved historic neighborhoods I find some of the best in the country it truly is Charm City. People are pleasant and interesting, good food and there is a lot to do and its location is perfect, and its an urban city at a cheaper price. The bad parts are really bad we have already established that countless times, and there is a lot of work to do, but look at the way Philadelphia is rising in price and developing and pulling in people from ny who want a cheaper but still urban historic, I really think Baltimore is next up if you look at reddit even some people from dc are considering moving there, i do not know why people always forget what NYC and even DC were like in the past, Baltimore will just have a later start but I love it there and will be living there by August.

Old 05-08-2022, 11:56 AM

2,004 posts, read 864,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Baltimore is a nice city. It's the miscreants that inhabit it that are the problem.

Old 05-08-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogaty View Post
I have lurked on this website for a long time but have never posted anything, but I have lived in Raleigh which is supposed to be the so called grass is greener on the other side city my whole life(19yrs) and would take Baltimore over it any day of the week, it is not a dump it is just a tale of two cities the preserved historic neighborhoods I find some of the best in the country it truly is Charm City. People are pleasant and interesting, good food and there is a lot to do and its location is perfect, and its an urban city at a cheaper price. The bad parts are really bad we have already established that countless times, and there is a lot of work to do, but look at the way Philadelphia is rising in price and developing and pulling in people from ny who want a cheaper but still urban historic, I really think Baltimore is next up if you look at reddit even some people from dc are considering moving there, i do not know why people always forget what NYC and even DC were like in the past, Baltimore will just have a later start but I love it there and will be living there by August.
Make sure your life insurance policy is up to date, and buy a bullet proof vest.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:56 PM

7 posts, read 4,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Make sure your life insurance policy is up to date, and buy a bullet proof vest.
Doh how could I forget any good vest recommendations?

Old 05-08-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogaty View Post
Doh how could I forget any good vest recommendations?
One that works!

Old 07-28-2022, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 521 times
28 year old black man here, I'd say its not for me. I love my city but living here just isnt for me. And yet, I still have a passion to see it change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore