U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Status: "40cal per mile beats 40MPG" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: You want kimchi with that?
8,479 posts, read 5,758,082 times
Reputation: 2177
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
I combined Barack and O'malley into one person, because they are the two most liberal politicians ever, .

barack obama passed a health care bill more without a public option - more conservative than ones proposed by folks from Harry truman to Hillary clinton. he has, overall, been a moderate dem with polices not terribly different from clinton and other new dems, and far more conservative than FDR or LBJ, not to mention liberal pols who did not make to the white house, like george mcgovern or adlai stevenson. The notion that BHO is particularly liberal is silly, and mostly a product of tea party rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM
 
13,079 posts, read 7,574,628 times
Reputation: 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Meister View Post
On Sunday I ran from my house on Linden to the west end of North Avenue then all the way to the east end, then up Belair road a few blocks then all the way down Gay street, then ran on bits and pieces of Eager, Madison, Monument, Oldtown Mall, Fallsway, and back up Greenmount to 29th. I videotaped bits of the entire journey up to 29th street. I ran back to Reservoir Hill after 29th street. Total of 17.3 miles traveled. Below are links to the videos:

Moderator cut: No links to outside blogs, please. It constitutes advertising as it's your own blog.
i would have liked to have seen this before it was taken down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,476 posts, read 5,701,167 times
Reputation: 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i would have liked to have seen this before it was taken down.
Google "Charm City Current," it's probably there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
2,989 posts, read 4,124,159 times
Reputation: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
barack obama passed a health care bill more without a public option - more conservative than ones proposed by folks from Harry truman to Hillary clinton. he has, overall, been a moderate dem with polices not terribly different from clinton and other new dems, and far more conservative than FDR or LBJ, not to mention liberal pols who did not make to the white house, like george mcgovern or adlai stevenson. The notion that BHO is particularly liberal is silly, and mostly a product of tea party rhetoric.
O'Bama and O'Malley (two good strong Irish names) are better described as Leftist rather than Liberal. Leftism takes the worst parts of liberalism, like tax and spend policies, over-regulation, and expansion of the nanny-state and combines it with restrictive social measures like warrantless monitering and searches of Americans (thanks Patriot Act) the assassination of US citizens, and enforcing the War on Drugs. It is really the worst of both worlds.

The GOP take over of the House was the best thing that could have happened to America because it brought stalemate. The government that governs least, governs best. I tip my glass to divided government, may there never be a time when the Dems or the GOP have control of all three branches of government. The results would be the same, wild spending, policies forced down American's throats, and expansion of Federal power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
 
1,170 posts, read 1,291,198 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
barack obama passed a health care bill more without a public option - more conservative than ones proposed by folks from Harry truman to Hillary clinton. he has, overall, been a moderate dem with polices not terribly different from clinton and other new dems, and far more conservative than FDR or LBJ, not to mention liberal pols who did not make to the white house, like george mcgovern or adlai stevenson. The notion that BHO is particularly liberal is silly, and mostly a product of tea party rhetoric.
FDR, LBJ, Truman... The world is a totally different place now. Bringing them up in current politics is like trying to have Alexander Graham bell run Apple.

Obama care will be the hardest thing that's ever happened to employers, which is the biggest thing this country needs more of, and O'malley continues to tax small businesses and everyday people so illegal aliens can get in state tuition.... A tuition that keeps going up because he can't stop over governing. And Virginia is cashing in big time!

Can't wait till o'malley runs for pres, Herman Cain will enjoy how many infidelity scandals emerge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 PM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,476 posts, read 5,701,167 times
Reputation: 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
and enforcing the War on Drugs. It is really the worst of both worlds.
War on drugs: Started by (GOP) Nixon 40 years ago. Completely ineffective.

And I really think you should check out some of the European leaders if you think Obama is so far left. The guy is in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
2,989 posts, read 4,124,159 times
Reputation: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
War on drugs: Started by (GOP) Nixon 40 years ago. Completely ineffective.

And I really think you should check out some of the European leaders if you think Obama is so far left. The guy is in the middle.
Compared to most of Europe, Noam Chomsky is a moderate

And yeah, the GOP did start the War on Drugs and the Patriot Act. At best, I would hope the "liberals" would work to fix those things, but to no avail. I am sure you have noticed that the Federal Government never relenquishes power once they have obtained it, regardless of party, ideology, or promises. Didn't President Obama promise to close Gitmo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 PM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,476 posts, read 5,701,167 times
Reputation: 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
And yeah, the GOP did start the War on Drugs and the Patriot Act. At best, I would hope the "liberals" would work to fix those things, but to no avail. I am sure you have noticed that the Federal Government never relenquishes power once they have obtained it, regardless of party, ideology, or promises. Didn't President Obama promise to close Gitmo?
Not these "liberals." Not far left enough. LINO? Is that a word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
2,989 posts, read 4,124,159 times
Reputation: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Not these "liberals." Not far left enough. LINO? Is that a word?
It is now!

I have used the acronym DINO before, although I admit that Blue Dog sounds cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 AM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,476 posts, read 5,701,167 times
Reputation: 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
It is now!

I have used the acronym DINO before, although I admit that Blue Dog sounds cooler.
Plus Dino to me makes me think of Dean Martin, who was actually pretty dang cool.

Blue Dog does have a nice sound to it but I always think of George Rodrigue's popular paintings:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top