U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-01-2012, 06:59 AM

449 posts, read 263,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
What is Trolling?? I assure you I am not a "troller"--whatever that is. I look to this site for good advice. And I did look up your homes. I am looking for a house with character--not cookie cutter-and a yard--and a certain feel. The house on Ash st., although not on a great street for some, had the look, feel, and character I'm after. I have looked in Medfield btw in the past...Now Towson appeals to me but am unsure of if I can afford it. WHat is Troll-ish about my posts???!!!

if you're looking for older homes with character in your price range, you would probably find what you're looking for in the 21214 zipcode-walther blvd. area between harford and belair rds.- just north of, i think, herring run park and lake montebello, prices are much lower than any so-called "towson" areas although property taxes are higher, as they are in the city as oppoed to balto. co. you are farther from the center of towson if that is where you want to be, but neighborhoods in these locations are generally stable, older, with trees, lawns etc.

catsy girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:21 PM

170 posts, read 402,058 times
TOPAZ RD, PARKVILLE, MD 21234
$150,000
Description

WELL BUILT BRICK & STONE HOME IN THE HEART OF PARKVILLE CONVENIENT TO THE LOCAL REC CENTER, EATERIES, ETC. COVERED PATIO & LG YARD ARE FABULOUS FOR ENTERTAINING. FEATURES: 2 BDS & FULL BATH ON MAIN LEVEL, HDWD FLS, WD BURNING FIREPLACE IN LIVING ROOM, UPDATED KITCHEN, SEP. DINING ROOM. FINISHED BASEMENT W/FULL BATH. SPACIOUS SHED W/ELECTRIC *SOLD STRICTLY AS IS*

Links

FEATURED PROPERTIES CLICK HERE
MD HOME REPORTS CLICK HERE
ABOUT JENNIFER CLICK HERE
WHY JENNIFER? CLICK HERE
HOME SEARCH CLICK HERE
RENT vs BUYING A HOME CLICK HERE

Presented by JENNIFER BAYNE, Full Service Realtor®

Long & Foster

Lake Roland Sales, 6080 Falls Rd., Baltimore, MD 21209

Direct: (410) 409-2393

Unread 02-04-2012, 07:54 AM

178 posts, read 201,593 times
I looked and zip realty didn't find that house on Topaz. The links don't work you sent...but I am looking in Parkville now! Seems like a nice place. However, if I don't find a job in Baltimore City, then the commute to my current job in Pasadena, MD will be awful...so I need to really hope I find a job in the city. Is Ednor gardens a safe area? No clue.

Unread 02-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I looked and zip realty didn't find that house on Topaz. The links don't work you sent...but I am looking in Parkville now! Seems like a nice place. However, if I don't find a job in Baltimore City, then the commute to my current job in Pasadena, MD will be awful...so I need to really hope I find a job in the city. Is Ednor gardens a safe area? No clue.

topaz is further north off harford rd, not too far into balto. co. the homes in 21214 are in balto. city further south between harford and belair rd. you might try realtor.com and punch in 21214 with price requirements. if you're staying in pasadena, both 21214 and 21234 are going to be very tough commutes. one thought, if you stay in pasadena, you might try looking in linthicum, i think all of which is in ann arundel co. it is an older community with wide variety of housing, and according to friends i have living there- on cleveland rd.- a safe area.
personally i would not want ednor gardens. it has some very attractive homes but you are very close to some higher crime areas and you might feel like you were an island in that location. i don't live there, never did, but lived in balto. for 50 years. i guess i don't think that the general area surrounding ednor has improved and/or offers any insulation.

catsy girl

Unread 02-11-2012, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the information. I just visited "Beverly Hills" area today looking at homes...very close to the Zekes Coffee shop...I heard Lauraville and Hamilton is good...is that the area you were talking about? I really liked what I saw but it was such a strange area to me since I had never been there. Seemed funky and neat. we'll see. again, thanks for the insight and info. I'm going to steer clear of Ednor G. for the reasons you mentioned....I liked the homes, but felt so very surrounded by sketch that it was unnerving.

Unread 02-13-2012, 09:19 AM

that is the area i was speaking of. more specifically west of belair rd, south of moravia,north of erdman. you might also look at area off of harford rd, immediately south of northern pky- sefton, glenoak,moyer- right south of balto. county/city line.

catsy girl

Unread 02-13-2012, 05:43 PM

6,372 posts, read 4,872,819 times
Quote:
.I liked the homes, but felt so very surrounded by sketch that it was unnerving.
You could be a bit more diplomatic in your description of my neighborhood than "sketch." Thanks.

I'm not sure there's anywhere you can afford in Baltimore City where you will feel comfortable. Are you looking at the city just based on price? Might be worth it to save a little longer and find something in AA County.

Unread 02-14-2012, 12:32 PM

I didn't say Ednor gardens was sketchy. I said the neighborhoods around it were "sketch" which made me uncomfortable being single and alone. I wouldn't be bad if I were married and had someone with me at times. The homes I liked a lot...the neighborhood=nice. The area around it-not for me. And, on a teacher's salary, I'll never be able to afford a home in Anne Arundel County unless it's an old condominium in foreclosure.

Unread 02-15-2012, 05:48 AM

6,372 posts, read 4,872,819 times
Quote:
I didn't say Ednor gardens was sketchy. I said the neighborhoods around it were "sketch" which made me uncomfortable being single and alone. I wouldn't be bad if I were married and had someone with me at times. The homes I liked a lot...the neighborhood=nice. The area around it-not for me. And, on a teacher's salary, I'll never be able to afford a home in Anne Arundel County unless it's an old condominium in foreclosure.
Right, I live in the surrounding neighborhood, which is why I took offense.

I think it's going to be impossible to find a place you feel 100% safe in the city at your price range. It's the city, you know? It isn't Anne Arundel. There's a reason there's so many low real estate prices, and that reason is that poor people and all of the things that exist where poor people live anywhere in the world are present here. The neighborhoods that hide this fact the best are the most expensive (Roland Park, but even they have crime).

But you can't afford these places, right? So there's got to be a compromise somewhere. And that compromise will be one of two things: 1)Buying in a neighborhood in your price range, which undoubtedly have something nearby you feel is "sketch" (whatever that means)

2) Not buying a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore