U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 AM

21 posts, read 14,211 times
Default Baltimore vs DC: Urban Shopping and People Watching?

Hi! I am not trying to offend any residents of any city, but I do have a question. Which city is better for people watching? I visited a friend in D.C. last month and we visited Gallery Place/Chinatown and I sat in Starbucks and could see people walking by, and I loved it! I am wondering if I could do that here in Baltimore? Or is our design not like that? I researched and saw that there is a Starbucks in Harbor East and one in Mt. Vernon... are those nice places to people watch? Or is that a D.C. thing?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 PM

4,177 posts, read 8,700,403 times
People watching can occur anywhere. In Baltimore, the best (in my opinion) would be: walking Patterson Park with my dogs, the square in Fells Point, of course Harbor Place (Inner Harbor and it's environs, the public markets, Mt Vernon Square or any coffee shop in that area, O'Donnell Square in Canton, any bar or cafe or park downtown.

For masses of people, DC is a better option although it does not always present the amount of "characters" Baltimore has to offer.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
People watching can occur anywhere. In Baltimore, the best (in my opinion) would be: walking Patterson Park with my dogs, the square in Fells Point, of course Harbor Place (Inner Harbor and it's environs, the public markets, Mt Vernon Square or any coffee shop in that area, O'Donnell Square in Canton, any bar or cafe or park downtown.

For masses of people, DC is a better option although it does not always present the amount of "characters" Baltimore has to offer.
Thank you for naming specific places for me to check out! I assume these places are safe at a decent hour so I will check them out when the weather clears up

Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM

293 posts, read 254,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post

shiddddd..u get any and every kind of character walking around chinatown DC..

but anyways i've never heard of this..people watching???lol sounds a little disturbing

Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 PM

Since we've had some pretty nice weather I went to Canton for lunch and sat outside it was awesome :-) lots of nice people around. I'll check out those other places if i get more spare time.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2PG View Post

but anyways i've never heard of this..people watching???lol sounds a little disturbing
Lol very true about chinatown, i sat for hours in starbucks doing work and looking out the window at all the interesting people outside on the street.

People-watching is just observing people's interactions. Like you eat lunch in a park and just observe.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:23 AM
rfp

337 posts, read 232,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBlueCrab2U View Post
Like you eat lunch in a park and just observe.
Obsessive observance of strangers has recently been recognized as an atypical personality trait in the latest edition of the DSM.

I enjoy your posts keep them coming.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 AM

337 posts, read 438,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBlueCrab2U View Post
Hi! I am not trying to offend any residents of any city, but I do have a question. Which city is better for people watching? I visited a friend in D.C. last month and we visited Gallery Place/Chinatown and I sat in Starbucks and could see people walking by, and I loved it! I am wondering if I could do that here in Baltimore? Or is our design not like that? I researched and saw that there is a Starbucks in Harbor East and one in Mt. Vernon... are those nice places to people watch? Or is that a D.C. thing?

Thanks in advance
Baltimore is best for people watching, next time don't sit at Starbucks, drive to the corner of Park Heghts and Belvedere lock your doors and people watch from your car. you should see some very interesting people there.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:03 PM

3,745 posts, read 1,657,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2PG View Post

Chinatown/Gallery Place is definitely my most favorite place for people-watching in DC.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:25 PM

918 posts, read 401,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorefella View Post
Baltimore is best for people watching, next time don't sit at Starbucks, drive to the corner of Park Heghts and Belvedere lock your doors and people watch from your car. you should see some very interesting people there.

LOL hahaha Just don't sit there too long and watch because they will wonder who you are, and think you are the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore