Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 AM

57 posts, read 248,171 times

Advertisements

So I have this neighbor who lives in an apartment in the row home right next to mine. He has annoyed me since I've lived there, by parking his truck in my parking area, and when he parks in front he can't seem to park correctly by following the meters, and he has a son who runs around half naked whom he obviously doesn't take very good care of. They recently got a puppy and they leave it out on the roof. From their apartment they can just open the window and step out on their roof, whereas, our apartment has an additional room on that section of the roof (does that make sense?). So basically it's just a wall and the roof where they leave this dog. It's a cute little puppy that really just wants attention. Neither me or my boyfriend have seen them walk this dog. I work days and he works nights, so eventually we should see them walk it, but nope, we haven't. So basically they're leaving this dog out on the roof where it must go to the bathroom. They sometimes leave it outside until 10pm where it's crying and barking, wanting to go inside. It's obvious that these people don't know how to properly care for a dog, and as much as it's annoying me, I also feel bad for this dog that is being neglected. What should I do? I asked my landlord if he owned that building as well, and from what I understand, he does. He said he would tell the guy that they couldn't put the dog out on the roof anymore, but either he hasn't done it or the guy isn't listening....so is this something that I should get animal control involved with? Or should I become a vigilante and kidnap the dog from the roof and bring it to a shelter where he'll be adopted by a loving family really quckly?? haha...if only I could do that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 10:27 AM

46 posts, read 224,378 times
If you call animal control you run the risk of them putting the dog up for adoption. The dog may not be adopted. The dog may be put to sleep. Animal Rescue organizations also put animals to sleep if they cannot find anyone to adopt. I do not like to see animals mistreated. This dog is neglected. Offer to buy the dog ?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:54 AM

I wish I could buy the dog! Unfortunately I can't have pets in my apartment, which also confuses me as to why this guy is able to have one when we have the same landlord. This roof is just that...a roof. It's not a rooftop deck, it doesn't have railings, it's just a roof. There is a fire escape and I'm just waiting for the day that the dog tries to go down the escape. I'm not exactly sure what kind of dog it is, but it def looks like it's too big to be in that small of an apartment.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/mbenner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg (broken link)file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/mbenner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM

4 posts, read 14,073 times
Welcome to the neighborhood,

My husband and I live in Lauraville. He's been here for 43 years. Me, I'm the newbie, just 19. As for the puppy, call the Defenders of Animal Rights. They are a no kill shelter. That's if you can get the puppy. Unfortunately, not all persons have consideration for their neighbors. The boom boxes and the 7 dogs in our neighborhood almost drive me nuts.

But, we will be moving out soon. YIPPEeeeeeee! We have seen this area go downhill. It's such a shame. Beautiful trees that have stood for over 40 years are being brought down, because the new owners seem to think that it would decrease the sale of their home when they go to sell. Dumb!!!!

Hope you have some good luck with the yapping pup, maybe you should try and talk to the landlord, and much luck with your new home.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:27 AM

46 posts, read 224,378 times
Beautiful trees are being cut down because someone feels that the trees
make their property less valuable!?!#@! Try doing that in Greenbelt and Takoma Park, Md. And guess what contibutes to Greenbelt's and Takoma Park's unique charm? The huge trees have alot to do with it. Greenbelt residents distribute a sticker that reads "KEEP IT WOODED"

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM

689 posts, read 3,216,347 times
BARCS (our local shelter) is a no-kill shelter. If you're in Baltimore City, you can call them -- BARCS - Home . We adopted our cat from BARCS and they're wonderful caring people.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 PM

23 posts, read 110,267 times
Unhappy Balto Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineGirl View Post
So I have this neighbor who lives in an apartment in the row home right next to mine. He has annoyed me since I've lived there, by parking his truck in my parking area, and when he parks in front he can't seem to park correctly by following the meters, and he has a son who runs around half naked whom he obviously doesn't take very good care of. They recently got a puppy and they leave it out on the roof. From their apartment they can just open the window and step out on their roof, whereas, our apartment has an additional room on that section of the roof (does that make sense?). So basically it's just a wall and the roof where they leave this dog. It's a cute little puppy that really just wants attention. Neither me or my boyfriend have seen them walk this dog. I work days and he works nights, so eventually we should see them walk it, but nope, we haven't. So basically they're leaving this dog out on the roof where it must go to the bathroom. They sometimes leave it outside until 10pm where it's crying and barking, wanting to go inside. It's obvious that these people don't know how to properly care for a dog, and as much as it's annoying me, I also feel bad for this dog that is being neglected. What should I do? I asked my landlord if he owned that building as well, and from what I understand, he does. He said he would tell the guy that they couldn't put the dog out on the roof anymore, but either he hasn't done it or the guy isn't listening....so is this something that I should get animal control involved with? Or should I become a vigilante and kidnap the dog from the roof and bring it to a shelter where he'll be adopted by a loving family really quckly?? haha...if only I could do that...
That's too bad about the dog. Unfortunately, in Baltimore, the reaction is "dogs are dogs" for the most part. My complaint was different in that I had at least 5 dogs in the yards along the alley in my neighborhood that barked constantly into the early morning. Some were on chains no longer than 6 feet. I contacted the Balto police and they advised that because of a "Good Neighbor Policy" they could take no action unless two households complained. One Baltimorean replied "Well...dogs bark!!" when I mentioned my irritation. Good luck!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:50 PM

23 posts, read 110,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfriday View Post
Beautiful trees are being cut down because someone feels that the trees
make their property less valuable!?!#@! Try doing that in Greenbelt and Takoma Park, Md. And guess what contibutes to Greenbelt's and Takoma Park's unique charm? The huge trees have alot to do with it. Greenbelt residents distribute a sticker that reads "KEEP IT WOODED"
That's the truth!! I saw a flourescent green sticker on a vine in a residential area of Old Greenbelt (Ridge Road) that one of the residents had put up stating "Don't cut this poison ivy down!! The birds eat the berries!". Greenbelters are also avidly against "non-indigenous" species and have groups that go around and pull up English ivy. Trees are like cows to Hindus in Old Greenbelt.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 AM

85 posts, read 246,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineGirl View Post
There's an episode of Seinfeld where Krammer and Newman kidnap the dog (same siuation as yours) and take it outside the city limits only to have the dog come back to its owner's house...LOL

Old 10-01-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Newbie View Post
There's an episode of Seinfeld where Krammer and Newman kidnap the dog (same siuation as yours) and take it outside the city limits only to have the dog come back to its owner's house...LOL
That's what gave me the idea to kidnap the dog!! hahah...but I wouldn't just leave it out in the suburbs like they did. Great episode! But this dog doesn't keep me up at night like the one did to Elaine. This is just me feeling really bad for this puppy that has the worst owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: