U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 PM

29 posts, read 158,199 times

Advertisements

I might possibly be relocating to Baltimore in December and I'm curious as to what the weather is like in Baltimore during the winter months. What are the temperatures like and how much does it snow during those months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 03:38 AM

4,180 posts, read 11,965,663 times
Winter is very mild compared with the states to our north. There is seldom snow in December but it has occured. Sometimes we can really get a big snowfall but they are few are far between. It amazes me how schools will close here for as little as two inches of snow. Temperatures vary like anywhere else but usually above the freezing point during the day through most of the winter. Just prepare for the drivers around here when the first snowfall arrives: accidents out the kazoo.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 PM

1,970 posts, read 5,522,486 times
Default Bah, humbug

A typical Baltimore winter these days is likely to start in January. February is the worst month, but not bad.
Last winter was laughably mild and snowless. If we have a blizzard in December, all bets are off.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 PM

689 posts, read 2,744,289 times
I can remember many a Thanksgiving or even Christmas dinner -- eaten outside while sitting at a picnic table.

One thing about this area -- if you don't like the weather, wait an hour.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:50 PM

78 posts, read 342,365 times
I ride my bike for commuting all year long. It can get cold but bearable. I hate 35F and rain. We do get that sometimes.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 31,796 times
I would have to agree with Barante.... February is the worst. In December and January, the snowfall is a joke.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 AM

234 posts, read 891,515 times
...can be cold, but with a surprising amount of sunshine. Not bad at all.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 22,639 times
I just moved here and the winters suck! The recruiter told me the average snowfall was a few inches. So far I have been hit with 3 blizzards! At one point I was under 5 to 6 feet of snow! My truck (which is all wheel drive) was stuck for two weeks and I had to dig it out with a spoon! I should say I'm from Miami and never saw snow before I moved up here. Damn I miss chicks in bikinis!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 AM

103 posts, read 336,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefffl9999 View Post
I just moved here and the winters suck! The recruiter told me the average snowfall was a few inches. So far I have been hit with 3 blizzards! At one point I was under 5 to 6 feet of snow! My truck (which is all wheel drive) was stuck for two weeks and I had to dig it out with a spoon! I should say I'm from Miami and never saw snow before I moved up here. Damn I miss chicks in bikinis!
So true I went to college at UM.. so I know how Miami is too...

But what you've seen this year is one that happens once every blue moon.. which I'm sure you saw on the news. The previous few years we barely got anything.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 AM

285 posts, read 400,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefffl9999 View Post
Ha, ha ha-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: